5,598,297 Members 47,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone came from a Note 3?

Tip us?

Rdmkr
Old
Thanks Meter 6
note 3's low subpixel density would be a deal breaker for me; amoled has 2 subpixels per pixel, which means a 5.7 inch 1080p screen has as many subpixels per inch as a 314 ppi LCD screen... that's downright low in my book; note 2 or galaxy mega stuff all over again. whats the point of such a large screen if it can't fill that real estate with actual detail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rdmkr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmoreboy02
Old
Thanks Meter 286
I did.....and went right back to the note 3 lol. The g2 is an awesome phone for how cheap you can get one for but i just feel the note 3 is better

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bmoreboy02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Had one. SO has hers (big reader). I'll stay with my G2.

PeartFan40
Old
Thanks Meter 1401
I recently switched from the Note 3 to the G2. While the G2 is a nice phone, I do miss my Note 3.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to PeartFan40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ekerbuddyeker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
I'm itching to return to the g2... In saw there's been an AT&T update. Can anyone tell me if it solved the breathing video focus issue, or improved the indoor camera?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 697
I have both a G2 and Note 3...and I must say, I like my G2 more.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

fatboypup
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Went from Note 2 to G2 first day Sprint sold it. Talked myself into thinking I needed triband LTE and was excited to have a true one hand able device. Call quality and low light camera performance where a HUGE letdown on the G2. I somehow flashing Roms borked it into a boot loop frenzy so I took it to the Sprint store who offered a Note 3 as a replacement. Seemed like a great deal. So I'm using my old note 2 as the note 3 should arrive tomorrow. Really don't miss the G2 at all. I just hope the note 3 is somewhat better than the 2 and I'll be fine.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy Note 3 / Galaxy Note II / Galaxy S IV / Galaxy S III / Nexus 7 (OG)

Proud Supporter of

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
It has a few neat features I miss. G2 has features I wouldn't want to let go. I couldn't deal with the size. All about personal preference. Modding and dev for the note 3 are very lacking. They are both honestly great phones even stock.