5,598,938 Members 30,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 help

Tip us?

hacktheplant
Old
(Last edited by hacktheplant; 15th December 2013 at 11:20 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Note 3 help

Hello! I have a note 3 and in enough time my phone will boot then go to the at&t logo then just sit there for ~5~ min or even more...then sometimes will go back to the Samsung thing back to At&T logo and give it enough time and hard rest but it comes back and I have my phone again. Pain....in..my..ass
The solution: factory reset...but I hate doing this because I'm doing it repeatly now...
Has anyone else has this problem or have any advice for me?

Edit: Does anyone know anyone willing to trade a Note 3 AT&T for a SM-N9005? It has a glass screen protector and a aluminium home button.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Agent
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktheplant View Post
Hello! I have a note 3 and in enough time my phone will boot then go to the at&t logo then just sit there for ~5~ min or even more...then sometimes will go back to the Samsung thing back to At&T logo and give it enough time and hard rest but it comes back and I have my phone again. Pain....in..my..ass
The solution: factory reset...but I hate doing this because I'm doing it repeatly now...
Has anyone else has this problem or have any advice for me?

Edit: Does anyone know anyone willing to trade a Note 3 AT&T for a SM-N9005? It has a glass screen protector and a aluminium home button.
What did you do to your phone? As in did you root it? Try to install a custom ROM? A custom recovery? Anything like that? You can odin back to stock from Root De La Vega from what I understand. I don't see anybody trading their phone for a broken one. You can't even trade here on XDA, you have to use Swappa or something else.

hacktheplant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I added xposed and some apps the ones I am using are
Call recording
Gravity Box
Wanam
I can't install any custom Roms bootloader is still locked :/
So I fixed it by just factory resting everything. So my point on posting this is to see if anybody has this problem. The phone isn't broken it in perfect condition. I just don't know how much longer I can take without an unlocked bootloader.
If you wanted I could screenshot of what apps are using root?

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
I added xposed and some apps the ones I am using are
Call recording
Gravity Box
Wanam
I can't install any custom Roms bootloader is still locked :/
So I fixed it by just factory resting everything. So my point on posting this is to see if anybody has this problem. The phone isn't broken it in perfect condition. I just don't know how much longer I can take without an unlocked bootloader.
If you wanted I could screenshot of what apps are using root?

Try taking your SD card out and then see if you still have the long boot or loop issue. Some phones are having issue reading certain brand SD cards and it id causing long boots or other strange problems..

hacktheplant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Interesting....how old school lol
I'll try that

hacktheplant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
That didn't help. Great suggestion tho

wish777
Old
(Last edited by wish777; 17th December 2013 at 06:31 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That didn't help. Great suggestion tho

Just curious what (security hacks & advance mods) settings did you use in wanan?

when you got your note 3...You didnt carry over your sd card with anything on it did you from prior device? Or use titanium backup?

Id try to trouble shoot it this way...Disable wanan...reboot see If it does it again....If so, start with the other app and disable or unistall.....Keep trying you'll find the source

FloOne
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Gravity Box is not to be used with Note 3 ROM. I know things work with it but the OP says not to use on TouchWiz roms. Or I might be wrong..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danish6190@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gravity Box

Quote:
Interesting....how old school lol
I'll try that

I had the same issue I guess it coz of Gravity Box, it is advised not to use Gravity Box on Note 3 Touch Wiz I removed it and never faced the Boot Loop or System UI Stopped working since then.