5,596,784 Members 47,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for a stock ROM switching back from AOSP, whats similar to Slimbean?

Tip us?

za67
Old
(Last edited by za67; 29th December 2013 at 01:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for a stock ROM switching back from AOSP, whats similar to Slimbean?

I want to go back to stock from AOSP, I don't have an issue with AOSP but it seems that because there will never be open source drivers from Samsung, that the battery life/graphical smoothness (butter etc) will always be better on stock. Is that true? Are the drivers, battery life and responsiveness always going to be better on stock?

Could someone who knows about stock ROMs recommend a ROM similar in concept to Slimbean/Slimkat (I'm using Slimsaber currently)? I like how it is anti-bloat, I hate bloat.
I just want something simple to be able to get the best battery life with my apps/games.

And why is it so hard to find a stock ROM now that hotfile is dead? It's like no one bothered to use alternate mirrors?? Can't understand that.

Is XXLTA the latest stock ROM version?

kaborayyan
Old
(Last edited by kaborayyan; 29th December 2013 at 09:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
The only better aspect of stock ROM is the camera app due to the propriety drivers. But aosp Roms are more smooth. Battery life is nearly equal. I won't recommend a specific ROM, there are many our there that fulfill your needs plus it may turn this thread into best ROM thread and thus it will be closed.

Sent from my smartphone using xda app-developers app
Main Phone: Ericsson SH 888 Motorola StarTAC 85 Nokia 3310 Nokia 1110 Samsung D900i -
Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 -
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.

Backup Phone: Nokia 206 Nokia Asha 205 - LG Optimus L1 II E410
The Following User Says Thank You to kaborayyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]