XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help with housing

Tip us?

Sonone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default need help with housing

i just dropped my HOXL accidently and my battery housing the entire body actually has cracked. even the silver thing surrounding the camera just dropped managed to paste it by an adhesive.
i thought the build quality would be strong enough to resist a 2 feet drop!
the screen is intact the cell works well.
i wanted to ask the average cost of a replacement,also will the one meant for international version fit in?
besides does anyone know any company that ships it to INDIA..
also if anyone has a damaged HOXl lying around which has its body in a good condition and can spare it please let me know!
Phone: Nexus 5
Android Version: 4.4.2

Phone: One Xl
HTC Sense: 5 4.2.2

timmaaa
Old
(Last edited by TonyStark; 28th December 2013 at 01:52 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
Have you looked online for prices?

Sent from my Evita.

MOD EDIT: moved
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

Sonone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
online i did check its for around 16$ but the shipping is 40$ approx which doesn't seem reasonable enough!

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
That sounds reasonable to me, the shipping is a bit expensive but that's not unheard of when shipping internationally. I'm not really sure what you want someone here to say, all the pricing information is online to be found.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sonone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
That sounds reasonable to me, the shipping is a bit expensive but that's not unheard of when shipping internationally. I'm not really sure what you want someone here to say, all the pricing information is online to be found.

Sent from my Evita.
agreed its very reasonable the amount, but the shipping makes it somewhat expensive..
the replacement price + fitting charges is kinda similar to the exchange price i get for this phone (again in India)
besides idk the quality they are offering.

all i want is does anyone know any provider in India?
since One X(endeavor) and X+ are of different dimensions and Evita is rare here.

also many people who have water damaged cells etc usually sell the parts if so i can it get it down to some decent price,maybe that can help.

or any other alternative to my problem!

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
You could check Swappa, that is XDA's sister site for selling and swapping devices.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sonone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
checked swappa.. all the ones available there are in working condition!

31ken31
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Does there happen to be a Htc service center near you? May be possible to order one from them or they can point you to someplace a little more local to you. I understand the crazy shipping I have a friend who is in India and I mailed him some old g1 parts I had and package was less than a pound and cost me almost 50.00 US to mail it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HTC One XL ATT S-OFF
ViperXL 3.2.5
ElementalX 5.0
The Following User Says Thank You to 31ken31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sonone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31ken31 View Post
Does there happen to be a Htc service center near you? May be possible to order one from them or they can point you to someplace a little more local to you. I understand the crazy shipping I have a friend who is in India and I mailed him some old g1 parts I had and package was less than a pound and cost me almost 50.00 US to mail it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really appreciate you get my point 50$ is about 3k Rupees and its kinda a huge amount for shipping.
Thanks for your advice man..

Here if you have an Evita service center staff wont even accept the phone besides its a known fact that the ONE x and ONE x+ don't fit Evita.

the phone functions well the cracks are at two places one near the front camera and the other one just above the rear camera in the middle may be I am being very fussy about it!