XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sgh I317M low benchmarks number after installing Clean Rom ACE 5.0

Tip us?

TempezT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sgh I317M low benchmarks number after installing Clean Rom ACE 5.0

Yesterday i decided try Clean Rom on my SGH I317M Note 2 and before i flash the new Rom, i did a benchmark using Antutu.

The stock Rom with most bloatware remove was hitting numbers up to 21000, for some reason after installing Clean Rom Ace 5.0 no matter what i do it wont pass the 16k line and is really weird cause with Clean Rom is using less memory, it has less apps on.

I went and checked the cpu clock and put the min mhz to match the previous setup and yet it wont go past 16500. Power saving was off when testing and no program besides Antutu was on.

I really want to know why the low numbers when you can see clearly that Clean Rom is consuming less resources. Thanks in advance.

Eternalty
Old
Thanks Meter 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempezT View Post
Yesterday i decided try Clean Rom on my SGH I317M Note 2 and before i flash the new Rom, i did a benchmark using Antutu.

The stock Rom with most bloatware remove was hitting numbers up to 21000, for some reason after installing Clean Rom Ace 5.0 no matter what i do it wont pass the 16k line and is really weird cause with Clean Rom is using less memory, it has less apps on.

I went and checked the cpu clock and put the min mhz to match the previous setup and yet it wont go past 16500. Power saving was off when testing and no program besides Antutu was on.

I really want to know why the low numbers when you can see clearly that Clean Rom is consuming less resources. Thanks in advance.
Benchmarks are pointless as they are not indicative of day to day use.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

ShadowVlican
Old
Thanks Meter 48
benchmarks are not useless, they have their place

compare your Antutu results in more detail, which section caused you to lose 5000 points?
Device: Samsung Note 2 Telus
ROM: slimkat weekly

R1K05@N
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempezT View Post

You may want to take this complaint to Scott's website but I doubt you will be satisfied since he stopped supporting this device.

http://www.scottsroms.com/content.php?
Back to Stock

TempezT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply guys, i currently don't have a picture of data of the benchmark done with the stock Rom, however i took pics of a benchmark i did moments ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-21-22-27-25.png
Views:	34
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	2467660   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-21-22-27-39.png
Views:	35
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	2467661  

TempezT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here an stability test result. Dunno if this helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-12-22-02-14-24.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	2467853  

TempezT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is weird... i turned off Air view and did the test again, the score went up to 20145. The weird part is that the power saving feature seems broken cause when i did the test with the feature on it did a better score which was 20675.

I have no idea on what its going on with the phone at the moment but it seems related to the power saving mode.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-12-22-19-26-06.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2469141  

TempezT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Testing again today found outthat the score again dropped to 16447 with a change in the phone. Multitask score went down almost by 1.3k, same with Dalvik.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-12-26-15-13-25.png
Views:	9
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	2476031  

TempezT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update

Testing all weak and i think i found the cause of the performance drop on my phone. For some reason i was playing Real Racing 3 when i found the game was getting a little slow in fps terms. So i went and deleted cache and dalvik, then after reboot i started playing again and is was running really neat and fast!

I decided to run Antutu again and to my surprise the phone was benchmark at 20700 constantly. Then i did the test again but with power saving on just to mark how much performance will drop with the feature on. The test came up with 16221 on benchmark, once again i wanted to test the phone with the feature off and after turning it off and waiting a couple of minutes did the test again.

The odd thing i found is that is was bench marking as if the power saving feature was on! 16000+ on all tests!! So again... went and deleted the dalvik and cache just to test again. After reboot, turned on Antutu and tested 4 times in a row, guess what? all test were 20k+!!!

Does this mean the power saving feature is broken?