Originally Posted by TheGStreets
Goodness, I never expected so much info overflow haha, I am really sorry but I am like a complete novice as I said before. Will it be ok to ask a few more things?
So basically, since I will be able to update the firmware(which I am happy bout).. I just need to understand a few basic concepts:
1. What do we mean by updating recovery?
2. what's twrp? what's the difference between twrp and cwp(or that clockworkmod thingy?)?
3. What link do I need to follow exactly? The first one or the second one?
[Note: Currently my phone is on the ViperOne 1.2.1 but I have no idea bout if its S-off or S-on and whatever else I need to know before I start doing this]
4.Some links I was trying to see was talking bout the dual sim htc one, i have the 32 gb single sim version, is there any difference? can i go with files from dual sim htc one links?]
5. If its absolute necessary to know the basic details of everything, any links which would go back to basics such as stripping down basic meaning of many terms used throughout? aorp etc etc, they all just make me feel dizzy haha
Please try to put this down in laymen's language for me if possible? I will be greatly thankful
first of all you should know your device and every detail is mandatory for safety purposes because without knowing the details you can brick your device
some FAQs: link
1 & 2) TWRP is a Custom Recovery just like CWM (ClockWorkMod)
we need to use latest recovery to flash latest Android 4.4 KitKat based ROMs
3) read the link above because it's quite detailed for S-OFF
EDIT: sorry i gave you the wrong links
read this first here
and guide full detailed guide here
for achieving S-OFF
you should get S-OFF for flashing latest firmware (for best performance) for your beautiful One
firmware sometimes contains RADIO(signal and WiFi), TOUCH, SOUND, BATTERY etc drivers for best performance
4) you should stick your single SIM model and forums
Dual SIM model is bit different, don't know how but it is different from single SIM
5) as i already said you should know all the details and terms
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5