5,606,722 Members 37,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Upgrade my Tab 2 7.0 P3113 from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2

Tip us?

Polarbearted
Old
(Last edited by Polarbearted; 29th December 2013 at 08:15 AM.) Reason: added some more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to Upgrade my Tab 2 7.0 P3113 from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2

Just want to know the best way to go about doing this, wary of my google search results, sites seem sketchy. My Tab is not rooted, I don't mind flashing data. I'm in Canada so I cannot upgrade thru kies or OTA.

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 519
If you want to keep it completely stock, no root, the easiest (or, maybe the only) way is to download stock 4.2.2 ROM and flash with Odin. You can check sammobile or samsung-updates, but getting the file might be a hassle after all that recent mess with changing file hosting from hotfile...
Optimus G F180S, tweaked E975 Stock 4.1.2
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

acefixer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Also Upgrading my Tab 2 7.0 P3113 from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2

I am also in Canada and looking for the 4.2.2 stock rom as well.

So far every listing I have searched for has been unsuccessful for getting the files due to hotfile shutdown or the other sites make you wait only to do nothing after clicking on the download buttons.

So please let me know if you find the 4.2.2 stock rom....

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 519
http://pc.cd/0Sp

First come, first served - could be a traffic limit. This is not the latest one (the newest is CMK3), but it's what I've got.

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Polarbearted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've never used odin, what version should I use. Also do I need to do a fatory reset before hand. Never done anything to my tab 2. Total noob.

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbearted View Post
I've never used odin, what version should I use. Also do I need to do a fatory reset before hand. Never done anything to my tab 2. Total noob.
Sorry, but you'll have to do some reading, since all these things have been explained many times. No point repeating it here. You can start with the Tab 2 FAQ:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2182096

Here is the thread about Odin and flashing tools in general, with version compatibility info, links, instructions, etc.:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539

Polarbearted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The odin forum doesn't list the tab 2 in the compatibility list, which version of odin should I use.

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbearted View Post
The odin forum doesn't list the tab 2 in the compatibility list, which version of odin should I use.
I just checked my laptop, and I have version 3.07 -- looks like that's what I used for both Tab 2 and my old SGS2. I haven't used Odin for a very long time, so I forgot... 1.85 should work, too.