5,597,501 Members 31,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [help] phone bricked? any solution?

Tip us?

a.monteiro
Old
(Last edited by a.monteiro; 22nd December 2013 at 11:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Exclamation [Q] [help] phone bricked? any solution?

Let's see, I've rooted my phone a few days ago and set a partition to link2sd, everything was ok, i've tryed to use a swap partition as well that didn't work, but phone still ran well. Reading the tutorial discussion further i've noticed that it was rather old and swap partitions were unnecessary with Android 4 and up, I've turned off my phone in order to remove my sd card and format it again but prior to removing battery i've noticed that the screen flashed and a bunch of scrambled pixels appeared, since this happened every time i turn my phone on only a bunch of static square patterns are shown.

By pressing volume down+home+power i can acess a screen to download Other OS, it's the only thing that seems to work. i can't acess CWM recovery or anything.

Is the mini dead or there's a solution? Anything with Odin or the MIni Toolkit? Couldn't find anything helpful through search.
Moto G 16GB - XT 1033/ Samsung Galaxy Siii mini - GT i8190L / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - es209ra

dei.andrei98
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Flash stock via odin..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4
[About me]
[x] Android Developer : Starter -> Medium ( as now I know more about Android and it's Source )
[x] Known scripting languages : PHP , HTML/CSS , VisualBasic , C++ ( A little but enough )
[x] Future Plans : Making Roms / Porting Roms , Developing Apps , Modding Android

[Phones]
[*] - Samsung Galaxy S III Mini I8910 ( Working )
[*] - Nokia C3-00 ( Sold )
[*] - Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D ( Bricked )

The Following User Says Thank You to dei.andrei98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soulmate53
Old
Thanks Meter 115
download stock rom or cm 10.2 odin package , and flash it via odin..
i flashed wrong modem some days ago and soft bricked my device, i used CM 10.2 odin package to recover..

Hit if i helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulmate53 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a.monteiro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
I've tryed both maclaw's and the official stock for my i8190L but both give me the same 'No Pit Partition' error. I've been searcing all over XDA and the web and no one seems to have a solution for this or the pit file for the L model, only for the other models.. looks like i'm screwed.

The procedure on Odin is simply adding the firmware .md5 file to the PDA section, plug the phone in 'download mode' and hit start, right? I'm new to samsung flashing, sorry for the noobish question.
Moto G 16GB - XT 1033/ Samsung Galaxy Siii mini - GT i8190L / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - es209ra

rockknee
Old
(Last edited by rockknee; 25th December 2013 at 10:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 67
As long as you can boot to 'download mode' it isn't hardbricked. Have tou tried to flash again some recovery with odin? If Odin doesn't help you can always try using Kies to get device to completely stock state. All you have to do is boot device to download mode, connect via usb to PC and open Kies. There is option to "reset&update to latest firmware" or sth like that. That has saved many sammy devices in tricky situtations, even tho Kies as software sucks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.monteiro View Post
I've tryed both maclaw's and the official stock for my i8190L but both give me the same 'No Pit Partition' error. I've been searcing all over XDA and the web and no one seems to have a solution for this or the pit file for the L model, only for the other models.. looks like i'm screwed.

The procedure on Odin is simply adding the firmware .md5 file to the PDA section, plug the phone in 'download mode' and hit start, right? I'm new to samsung flashing, sorry for the noobish question.
Just wanted to answer your question about flashing with Odin; that is correct way to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rockknee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a.monteiro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Thanks for the answers, guys. Can't do new tests now but I'll try as soon as I get back from holidays. Any attempts to flash through Odin only gives me the same pit partition error, and kies also seemed equally unfruitful. Looks like my options are getting short.