XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root/unlock catch 22? verizon and 4.3

Tip us?

Nikguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] root/unlock catch 22? verizon and 4.3

So I searched this site for quite a while and have not yet found a solution to this problem, so the only thing left to do was to post this.

I have an HTC one running 4.3 on Verizon.
The first problem occurs when I try to post my unlock token to htcdev. When I do I get the "Mid not allowed: error 160".
So to fix this I learned that I need to change my CID to be something like "111111". The weird part is, in order to change my CID I need to be unlocked and have s-off.

You see my problem? I can't unlock because on my CID, and I can't change my CID because I'm not unlocked....

Does anyone have a solution? I'm sorry if the solution is already posted, I just can't find it!
Thanks!
Nikguy

clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 29th December 2013 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy View Post
So I searched this site for quite a while and have not yet found a solution to this problem, so the only thing left to do was to post this.

I have an HTC one running 4.3 on Verizon.
The first problem occurs when I try to post my unlock token to htcdev. When I do I get the "Mid not allowed: error 160".
So to fix this I learned that I need to change my CID to be something like "111111". The weird part is, in order to change my CID I need to be unlocked and have s-off.

You see my problem? I can't unlock because on my CID, and I can't change my CID because I'm not unlocked....

Does anyone have a solution? I'm sorry if the solution is already posted, I just can't find it!
Thanks!
Nikguy
HTCDEV does not give unlock.bin for Verizon but their another way .. check the Verizon one forums
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2473644
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

Nikguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
HTCDEV does not give unlock.bin for Verizon but their another way .. check the Verizon one forums
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2473644
I've tried to use rumrunner but I have gotten an error on the end. I'm not sure why I've been getting the error but based on some of the posts that I have read, it might be because I'm using android 4.3?
Has anyone on this site unlocked/s-off/rooted an HTC one one Verizon running ota 4.3?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy View Post
I've tried to use rumrunner but I have gotten an error on the end. I'm not sure why I've been getting the error but based on some of the posts that I have read, it might be because I'm using android 4.3?
Has anyone on this site unlocked/s-off/rooted an HTC one one Verizon running ota 4.3?
your asking in the wrong place ... ask in the Verizon forums you'll have much more luck
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

Nikguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Oh I gotcha, I thought I posted it there. I guess I will more or less duplicate this post over there unless a moderator wants to move this thread
Tags
4.3, cid, cid 11111111, htc, mid