[Q] unlock/root on 4.3?

Search This thread

Nikguy

Sep 5, 2012
So I searched this site for quite a while and have not yet found a solution to this problem, so the only thing left to do was to post this.

I have an HTC one running 4.3 on Verizon.
The first problem occurs when I try to post my unlock token to htcdev. When I do I get the "Mid not allowed: error 160".
So to fix this I learned that I need to change my CID to be something like "111111". The weird part is, in order to change my CID I need to be unlocked and have s-off.

You see my problem? I can't unlock because on my CID, and I can't change my CID because I'm not unlocked....

Does anyone have a solution? I'm sorry if the solution is already posted, I just can't find it!
Thanks!

As a side note, I tried to use rumrunner but I got an error. I'm not sure why I got this error but based on some of the things I read I suspect it was due to being on 4.3? Has anyone been able to root/unlock/s-off on 4.3 Verizon?
Nikguy

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
You simply have not read enough messages in this sub-Forum and its cousins to realize that your version of what is running is not at the moment capable of being upgraded. Search a bit more.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Currently we can't root or get s off in 4.3. Would be nice if Verizon tokens were not blacklisted from HTC dev but what can you do.

Only way to get root right now is if you have a java card and that costs a lot of money. There is a guy on here who has one and will do it for a price if you don't mind paying for it with shipping back and forth. But that's up to you, right now we have to wait and let the devs who came up with rumrunner upgrade the program for the newest software.

Wish there was a way to debloat the stock 4.3 from Verizon without soff because then my one wouldn't be sitting on the table anymore lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2