5,598,820 Members 32,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm trying to install cfroot/kernel/cust. rom but phone is rebooting all the time

Tip us?

hoppek
Old
(Last edited by hoppek; 28th December 2013 at 08:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm trying to install cfroot/kernel/cust. rom but phone is rebooting all the time

Hi,

My friend bought used Galaxy S. He asked me if I can install any custom ROM on his device. First he has installed 2.3.6 XXJVT. I downloaded CF Root for XXJVT and plugged phone in Download Mode. During installation an error has occurred. Odin shows me "FAIL" on red background. When I'm trying to boot phone it displays me:

I'm install stock ROM for Germany, 2.3.6 Value Pack, but this one hasn't got a CF. This ROM is XWJW3. I found this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34347160
I'm trying to install this kernel but after installation phone is rebooting all the time. I wanted to install CM9 via CWM, so I tried CWM and tried to flash it but during installation phone rebooted. Display shows me "SAMSUNG CYANOGENMOD", then - display shows recovery with red triangle and phonerebooted, then it shows me "SAMSUNG GALAXY S I9000". It loops all the time. After that I installed three files XEU with PIT 512 and CF Root for JW4, next I tried CWM and installed CM9 but phone rebooted again. My other friends also have SGS, but with battery. They have got model GT-I9000 but my friend's device model is GT-9000i.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppek View Post
device model is GT-9000i.
you need to be sure which model you have, either its i9000 or i9001, they are two different models with different flashing procedure and ROM's. Best way is to check IMEI Check your IMEI here or here When you are not sure what model is your device.

For i9000 Follow this guide
For i9001 Follow this guide

hoppek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Problem solved, many thanks