XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life

Tip us?

nccu_eagles
Old
Thanks Meter 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotblog View Post
in fact, I have 100% a day...but I'm using the iPhone, so I have to keep the bluetooth tethering on all the time.
people still use iPhones?
The Following User Says Thank You to nccu_eagles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Psychotic Penguin
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
My battery life with updated US firmware Null_16 and the Freefalling theme. This is 90% standby time I don't have much time to mess with it at work!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387933501455.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	2473234  

horizons1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Do you find that battery life on your connected phone suffers? I know keeping the BT radio on will have an impact, but I noticed I had to change some settings in JuiceDefender to allow the data connection to remain active so that S-Voice will work on the Gear. This, of course, means my phone's radio (data or wifi) is always on, when before I used to let JD turn it off while sleeping.

Haven't had the Gear long enough to tell whether or not this will have a serious impact but wondering if there are any tips? I tried finding a setting in JuiceDefender to only turn the radio on when the S-Voice is activated. Unfortunately, that doesn't work.

tarricone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
please help me.
after null_16 my battery life is short.
after 6 hour (only in watch mode without notify or other) my gear shut down.
could you give some tips for extend the battery life ?

thanks

audri5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I turn off the motion wake feature my Gear will go three to four days easy but if I use motion it won't last longer than 12-14 hours. This is with moderate usage. I get probably a total of 30-40 emails and texts and other notifications a day and maybe 10 phone calls. (Most calls not answered on gear) maybe 3 a day. I would love to be able to use the watch without pushing the button. Even a tap on the screen to wake would be acceptable to me. The pebble uses a shake motion to wake which also is better than the Gear motion. I drive for a living and every turn of the steering wheel activates the screen. (Although battery life is not improved on days off.) if I side load apps will my battery life be severely shortened? And to the person who asked about the Bluetooth running all the time, it doesn't impact the battery life of my phone hardly at all.