5,593,793 Members 44,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Music Equalizer no longer working in TW 4.3

Tip us?

RJM7787
Old
(Last edited by RJM7787; 18th December 2013 at 03:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Google Play Music Equalizer no longer working in TW 4.3

I'm running stock Touchwiz on Android 4.3. I've been having issues when listening to Google play music. The equalizer no longer works (any changes made do not take effect). Once in a while it will decide to work, but after a few songs the sound will change drastically because the EQ stops functioning.

I've read on the android central forum that this is a common occurrence with the S4. It is believed that it is due to the EQ process being killed. Is there anyway to prevent this and are any of you experiencing this problem? I am not using a task killer.

Edit: An important thing I forgot to mention is that this only started happening after the 4.3 OTA. The EQ worked without problems on 4.2.2.

Nray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having the same issue. After updating to 4.3 I find the overall volume for both music and calls are significantly low. Moreover turning on the music equaliser lowers the volume even further and completely ruins music listening. Interestingly third party equalisers have the same effect and deteorates the call volume too.

This update has really been a mess, even for the second time.