XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 update weird brick

Tip us?

Greyjoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.3 update weird brick

Ok so here is what i did i was rooted then ran the OTA phone rebooted into the latest CWM that I had running and started updating took a while but it successfully went through no errors but didnt reboot automatically but for some reason i decided to run an recovery.zip from cwm just so i could keep my recovery in case the update was gonna erase it then rebooted the phone. it booted up successfully to 4.3 then i rebooted again and now i get some weird logo with samsung and an unlocked padlock with custom at the bottom of the screen, followed by the regular samsung s3 logo then a yellow triangle saying that verizon has detected unauthorized software and to turn off the phone and take it into a store. I have tried to odin back so many freaking times and it says it has gone through successfully but i cant get past that screen any ideas?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
After successfully installing the 4.3 OTA, which tar file did you flash in Odin? You cannot downgrade at all by flashing any tar file before 4.3 once on 4.3. So I ask, can you boot into download mode?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

Greyjoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
After successfully installing the 4.3 OTA, which tar file did you flash in Odin? You cannot downgrade at all by flashing any tar file before 4.3 once on 4.3. So I ask, can you boot into download mode?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Yes I can boot into download mode and stock recovery. I ran the root66.tar file which i presume is from the version previous to the update.