XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unpacking firstaide

Tip us?

Anton.m
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] unpacking firstaide

hi im new to the foruom and have just got a kindle fire hd 7rd gen i have rooted fine after some playing around but not im having trouble unpacking the firstaide files (image was here but unable to post links until 10 posts) is what i get and im not entirely sure where i should be unpacking it
Disable OTA Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip
i tried to exctract into c: but got all the above problems in the image still all a bit new to me asswell any help would be apprieciated

c:/users/myuser/downloads/KFFirstaide64.zip: cannot create c:/authenticator_2.35.apk access is denied
i have 123 total errors of this type

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton.m View Post
hi im new to the foruom and have just got a kindle fire hd 7rd gen i have rooted fine after some playing around but not im having trouble unpacking the firstaide files (image was here but unable to post links until 10 posts) is what i get and im not entirely sure where i should be unpacking it
Disable OTA Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip
i tried to exctract into c: but got all the above problems in the image still all a bit new to me asswell any help would be apprieciated

c:/users/myuser/downloads/KFFirstaide64.zip: cannot create c:/authenticator_2.35.apk access is denied
i have 123 total errors of this type
The 3rd generation Kindle Fire HD is not compatible with KFFA.
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

Anton.m
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post
The 3rd generation Kindle Fire HD is not compatible with KFFA.
yea think i just worked that out lol should have checked back faster is there another way to backup the whole kindle incase anything goes wrong when im playing around have been trying to remove the ads and stop ota updates and as far as i know the playstore is not working yet for this tablet but not sure

Anton.m
Old
(Last edited by Anton.m; 30th December 2013 at 12:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
now im abit confused i think its the 2nd gen and not the 3rd
nvm 3rg gen amazon printed across middle on back
just need some help on backing up turning off ota updates and adds

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497

DONATE TO ME
Do you know what os version it is running?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Anton.m
Old
(Last edited by Anton.m; 30th December 2013 at 12:52 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Do you know what os version it is running?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
ye its running 11.3.1.0 if thats what u mean im useing go launcher at the moment so i can use it abit easier and as far as i know i have root
ive also managed to stop my lock screen ads so i just have a black background with the clock ect

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ye its running 11.3.1.0 if thats what u mean im useing go launcher at the moment so i can use it abit easier and as far as i know i have root
ive also managed to stop my lock screen ads so i just have a black background with the clock ect
This is the 3rd generation. The problem is that there is no way to restore any backup you make as there are no exploits for the bootloader yet.
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

Anton.m
Old
(Last edited by Anton.m; 30th December 2013 at 01:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post
This is the 3rd generation. The problem is that there is no way to restore any backup you make as there are no exploits for the bootloader yet.
ah get it now thanks do u know is theres a way to get backgrounds and stop ota updating
i keep geting mixed in the fouroms with this gen and the 2nd gen
and does any1 know if there is a working playstore as i may have been reading older threads saying it wasent

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ah get it now thanks do u know is theres a way to get backgrounds and stop ota updating
i keep geting mixed in the fouroms with this gen and the 2nd gen
and does any1 know if there is a working playstore as i may have been reading older threads saying it wasent
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736
[ROOT]