[Q] Cannot root on latest I9190DXUAMK2

Search This thread

hendry

Feb 29, 2004
Jakarta
Hi...
Please help me.. After flashed with latest I9190DXUAMK2, now i cannot successfull root my i9190.
It always asked me to update supersu binary, but it failed. Now i cannot restore all app from titanium backup, coz titanium needs root to run.
I also got knox warranty void 0x1. Hope some expert here can give me solutions.

Snowgay

Jul 30, 2007
Hi, you need busybox.
Flash root kit v2 it has busybox
Then flash root stock v1 for battery drain. Then everything works

hendry

Feb 29, 2004
Jakarta
Hi, you need busybox.
Flash root kit v2 it has busybox
Then flash root stock v1 for battery drain. Then everything works

Please give me link for those u mention..
I'm currently cannot restore all my apps from titanium backup, since it needs root access to restore.
That new firmware has KNOX enable. Even i already deleted some knox app from /system/app, it seems to be run and block all su access.
I followed the root method, supersu icon already there and needs to be updated with latest su binary. But it cannot update, it fail..
ADB SHELL, then run su from command also stuck.. I cannot do anything in unroot condition.. I also tried to downgrade previous firmware, but cannot work. Odin fails too !! Samsung now put high protection on latest firmware, so they protect it cannot be rooted..
If u already tried and make sure this method working, pls give me the step by step method.
Thanks before and after..

hendry

Feb 29, 2004
Jakarta
Does latest firmware for i9190 needs insecure kernel to disable blocking access from su ?
I tried flash previous modem, odin success, but why the PDA version still no change ?

hendry

Feb 29, 2004
Jakarta
Problem solved !!
The correct way is to flash the latest update supersu zip from chainfire. Flashing rootkit v2 also no change.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

rnbeez

Dec 22, 2013
Kotamobagu
Problem solved !!
The correct way is to flash the latest update supersu zip from chainfire. Flashing rootkit v2 also no change.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Hi Hendry,

would you please give me your step-by-step method, full noob here :)

also recently upgrade to DXUAMK2, try to downgrade to UMG1 but fail and made the KNOX flag 0x1 :(

thanks

hendry

Feb 29, 2004
Jakarta
Hi Hendry,

would you please give me your step-by-step method, full noob here :)

also recently upgrade to DXUAMK2, try to downgrade to UMG1 but fail and made the KNOX flag 0x1 :(

thanks

I still don't know how to avoid knox trigger. Mine also has knox 0x1.. U cannot downgrade to previous ROM since the latest firmware has a new bootloader which protect u to downgrade the ROM.
If u already followed the step from page 1, then u have to do 1 more step.
Just download the updated version of supersu from chainfire. U can download from this link http://download.chainfire.eu/372/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip
Go to recovery, then flash it.. U can totally root your device..