XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advanced wiped after failed rom, now what to do

Tip us?

kneedalz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Advanced wiped after failed rom, now what to do

Ok, first off I'm sorry for being a newb, I have read a couple of posts and cant find my exact circumstance. I feel I'm in over my head and need some clarification.

I recently unlocked my bootloader through htcdev.com and then installed twrp.
After that I installed the AOKP kitkat that just came out on 12/26/13.
I didn't like it and was wanting to try Android Revolution HD, so I dl'd the rom and proceeded to install it through twrp.
after it was finished the screen went black and the back and home buttons started flashing. I waited for a minute but nothing changed so I held the power button till it shut off. I tried to turn it on but it just kept flashing the buttons again.
I then went into the recovery and was freaking and did an advanced wipe not thinking that it was going to get rid of the roms I had on there.

So right now this is where I am, at the fastboot screen my phone reads this:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.03
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.24.531.3
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 4 2013, 17:31:32.0

I am thinking that it should be as easy as pushing a rom onto the phone's sd, but I'm not exactly sure how to do this.

Please help, thank you so much.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 646

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedalz View Post
Ok, first off I'm sorry for being a newb, I have read a couple of posts and cant find my exact circumstance. I feel I'm in over my head and need some clarification.

I recently unlocked my bootloader through htcdev.com and then installed twrp.
After that I installed the AOKP kitkat that just came out on 12/26/13.
I didn't like it and was wanting to try Android Revolution HD, so I dl'd the rom and proceeded to install it through twrp.
after it was finished the screen went black and the back and home buttons started flashing. I waited for a minute but nothing changed so I held the power button till it shut off. I tried to turn it on but it just kept flashing the buttons again.
I then went into the recovery and was freaking and did an advanced wipe not thinking that it was going to get rid of the roms I had on there.

So right now this is where I am, at the fastboot screen my phone reads this:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.03
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.24.531.3
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 4 2013, 17:31:32.0

I am thinking that it should be as easy as pushing a rom onto the phone's sd, but I'm not exactly sure how to do this.

Please help, thank you so much.
Set the device into ADB sideload mode. In TWRP you do this by going to Advanced then ADB Sideload.
From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip

ADB Push from Recovery - If Sideload Fails For You
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kneedalz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Set the device into ADB sideload mode. In TWRP you do this by going to Advanced then ADB Sideload.
From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip

ADB Push from Recovery - If Sideload Fails For You
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/
so for the adb sideload I would put for my machine?
adb sideload C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\aokp.zip

or

adb sideload /aokp.zip since it is in the folder that the fastboot command is in?

once again, sorry for needing the clarification.
and thank you so much for the speedy response.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 646

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so for the adb sideload I would put for my machine?
adb sideload C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\aokp.zip

or

adb sideload /aokp.zip since it is in the folder that the fastboot command is in?

once again, sorry for needing the clarification.
and thank you so much for the speedy response.
adb sideload aokp.zip
should do it

Same with push
adb push aokp.zip /data/media/0/
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kneedalz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
adb sideload aokp.zip
should do it

Same with push
adb push aokp.zip /data/media/0/
ok, so I loaded it and it put it on the "sd card", but now it just bootloops on the four colors that spin around and when I restart, the home and back buttons flash again. It still says "Tampered" on the screen. It didn't look like it fully loaded the aokp rom. was real short when it did it.

The files on the "sd card" now are only a TWRP folder and a file sideload.zip

When I flash that all is says is: script succeeded:
result was [/system]
updating partition details

Successful

should I try a different rom? this one worked before but it seems like it isn't now.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 646

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ok, so I loaded it and it put it on the "sd card", but now it just bootloops on the four colors that spin around and when I restart, the home and back buttons flash again. It still says "Tampered" on the screen. It didn't look like it fully loaded the aokp rom. was real short when it did it.

The files on the "sd card" now are only a TWRP folder and a file sideload.zip

When I flash that all is says is: script succeeded:
result was [/system]
updating partition details

Successful

should I try a different rom? this one worked before but it seems like it isn't now.
Yeah I would try ARHD 31.6

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 430
By the way, in my (limited) experience, ARHD installs always fail in a manner similar to what you're describing if you don't do a wipe during the install (or maybe before the install). Even when it should work, as in a minor upgrade, the install fails to do its business properly and some things, like adding Google accounts, don't work.

I would just try it again, choosing "do a full wipe" when prompted. And also, last time I tried to do a sideload using TWRP, it didn't work. Do sideloads work with interactive installers like ARHD uses? If not, you can still put it on your SD card by using TWRP to make sure /data is mounted, then running these three commands:
Code:
adb shell mkdir /data/media
adb shell mkdir /data/media/0
adb push ROM-NAME.zip /data/media/0
Then just install it like you did before.
If I helped, click Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to fenstre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kneedalz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
By the way, in my (limited) experience, ARHD installs always fail in a manner similar to what you're describing if you don't do a wipe during the install (or maybe before the install). Even when it should work, as in a minor upgrade, the install fails to do its business properly and some things, like adding Google accounts, don't work.

I would just try it again, choosing "do a full wipe" when prompted. And also, last time I tried to do a sideload using TWRP, it didn't work. Do sideloads work with interactive installers like ARHD uses? If not, you can still put it on your SD card by using TWRP to make sure /data is mounted, then running these three commands:
Code:
adb shell mkdir /data/media
adb shell mkdir /data/media/0
adb push ROM-NAME.zip /data/media/0
Then just install it like you did before.
OK so I pushed insertcoin's latest rom and it's up and running! Thank you for the adb commands. They were really helpful.

Tags
s-on, tampered, wiped