XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why not Firefox Os, Ubuntu Touch, Tizen, etc.,

Tip us?

ashok weird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Cool Why not Firefox Os, Ubuntu Touch, Tizen, etc.,

Hello friends, mates, our beloved & respected developers..

Even though our X10 being an old device today, it runs upto 4.2.2 & 4.3, All credits goes to our developers.

I thank them all, behalf of all our X10 users.. For all their hard work and time for all these wonders happening even today..

Its a joy n fun thing (my personal opinion, no harms) using n trying lot of variations of custom roms

Now coming to point..

As we all know, the final official update was Gingerbread. Ever since then our devs have been supporting through all these custom roms n kernels which all works wonders on our X10.
But the major n minor bugs still persists without a proper solution till now.. For ex: camcorder, wifi tether bugs. (May be its not important for daily use, but still its a bug and those features may be useful at times..)

I just started moving my mind over newer emerging OS like Ubuntu touch, Firefox OS, Tizen, etc.,
(I am not a developer, I just know to use custom roms & love them, thats it).

Just curious to know things about other OS, like if it is possible to port them to our X10, what may be the requirements, what may be advantages n disadvantages (if any) etc., etc.,

So friends, mates, our Respected Developers, please do share your infos..

Thank u all.. Love u all..

Regards,
Ashok M
The Following User Says Thank You to ashok weird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahithlal
Old
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
i am agreed with u mate. i own a x10i since 2010 and i love it. i started my android experience and development from this x10 and i really like to see a new development for this phone. its a beast.
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithlal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashok weird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithlal View Post
i am agreed with u mate. i own a x10i since 2010 and i love it. i started my android experience and development from this x10 and i really like to see a new development for this phone. its a beast.
Me too own this from 2010 sept. i love this phone except for 2 things..
1. Total ram is low ( of course our devs made wonders over gb. even jb works very well even though its shouldn't be in our device.. )
2. No official updates after 2.3, i hope thats the reason behind camcorder issues in ics, jb roms, i read somewhere stating similar to this.

I don't know y our devs didn't take interest in other OSs.. Some strong reasons will be there.. We may understand if the devs respond and clear our doubts over these
The Following User Says Thank You to ashok weird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahithlal
Old
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok weird View Post
Me too own this from 2010 sept. i love this phone except for 2 things..
1. Total ram is low ( of course our devs made wonders over gb. even jb works very well even though its shouldn't be in our device.. )
2. No official updates after 2.3, i hope thats the reason behind camcorder issues in ics, jb roms, i read somewhere stating similar to this.

I don't know y our devs didn't take interest in other OSs.. Some strong reasons will be there.. We may understand if the devs respond and clear our doubts over these
dont highly expect anything new from our old developer's they are going to new models so they're busy with that devices. and our device processor are old for new os but it run jb am so happy with that.

Tof37
Old
Thanks Meter 2562

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok weird View Post
Hello friends, mates, our beloved & respected developers..

Even though our X10 being an old device today, it runs upto 4.2.2 & 4.3, All credits goes to our developers.

I thank them all, behalf of all our X10 users.. For all their hard work and time for all these wonders happening even today..

Its a joy n fun thing (my personal opinion, no harms) using n trying lot of variations of custom roms

Now coming to point..

As we all know, the final official update was Gingerbread. Ever since then our devs have been supporting through all these custom roms n kernels which all works wonders on our X10.
But the major n minor bugs still persists without a proper solution till now.. For ex: camcorder, wifi tether bugs. (May be its not important for daily use, but still its a bug and those features may be useful at times..)

I just started moving my mind over newer emerging OS like Ubuntu touch, Firefox OS, Tizen, etc.,
(I am not a developer, I just know to use custom roms & love them, thats it).

Just curious to know things about other OS, like if it is possible to port them to our X10, what may be the requirements, what may be advantages n disadvantages (if any) etc., etc.,

So friends, mates, our Respected Developers, please do share your infos..

Thank u all.. Love u all..

Regards,
Ashok M
Hello,

The main problem is the kernel ... 2.6.29 is too old for Ubuntu ... will continue to make 3.0 kernel booting on x10 when I'll get back my x10 ...
If you like my work, and want to help me click here to donate

Semc Debrand Engine Contributor

Member of Team XSonX10
---------------------------------------------------------
My contributions on XDA

Achotjan's remplacement Stock- Light Version

X10s Rom

Fast java sources decompiler
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tof37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashok weird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithlal View Post
dont highly expect anything new from our old developer's they are going to new models so they're busy with that devices. and our device processor are old for new os but it run jb am so happy with that.
Sorry buddy... I respect our devs very much..
I just mentioned about our hardware, thats not enough for me at times..
My personal opinion, If sony could have placed 512 mb ram on this awesome phone, It'll be great..

ashok weird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thumbs up Thanks a lot dude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tof37 View Post
Hello,

The main problem is the kernel ... 2.6.29 is too old for Ubuntu ... will continue to make 3.0 kernel booting on x10 when I'll get back my x10 ...

Thanks a lot dude
Love you Buddy
good luck for all your continuing developments

ashok weird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Red face Any advancements in kernel??

Hello mates, friends, dear devs..

Just curious to know whether there is any any advancements in developments of kernel for newer OSs, please update satus then & there so that we guys shall know..

Good luck for all your works dear devs

chriscx
Old
Thanks Meter 101
which rom is based on 4.3 ?

and about Ubuntu and other OS, hope that someone will compile a new kernel, I guess that's a long work...

Eclair 2.1 Stock X10

ashok weird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Exclamation I guess u r asking this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscx View Post
which rom is based on 4.3 ?

and about Ubuntu and other OS, hope that someone will compile a new kernel, I guess that's a long work...
I guess u r asking about this..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2438018
Evervolv 4.3 - alpha

Sorry if i am wrong..

Regards,
Ashok M