[Q] Unroot without gaining s-off

Tip us?

ConnorScooters
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Unroot without gaining s-off

So i wanna sell my one s to get a bit more money towards my nexus 5

cex are going to offer me a good price but i want to unroot and or remove the red text splashscreen on bootup and i wanted to know if i can do this without going via s-off as i dont want to risk damaging my phone

Thanks in advance

attelaut
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorScooters View Post

cex are going to offer me a good price but i want to unroot and or remove the red text splashscreen on bootup and i wanted to know if i can do this without going via s-off as i dont want to risk damaging my phone

Thanks in advance
You need to flash stock recovery, then relock the bootloader and finally run RUU.

Follow these instructions to unroot.
Get RUU here. First choose your device (Ville [S4] or VilleC2 [S3]), then choose latest RUU depending on which carriers device you have. Also check that the radio version is same on your phone and RUU file name, then you probably have correct RUU.

mr_verystock
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorScooters View Post

Thanks in advance
Simply run "fastboot oem lock" (without the quotes, you know the procedure) and reflash latest carrier or nationality RUU. If you S-Offed there will be a S-On procedure you will do, depending on which S-Off you used. You'll have to google it.
Devices:
HTC One S - Bricked
Kindle Fire 2nd Generation - Working, CM!!11!!, Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16S
Samsung Galaxy S4 - This Sunday
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0" - Stock JDQ39.T310UEUAMH2