[Q]Porting MiniCM 10 to golfu

Tip us?

warrior1208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Default [Q]Porting MiniCM 10 to golfu

Hey everybody,

I just learnt the method for porting ROMs...
So i am trying to port MINICM 10 from HTC Explorer to Desire C and i want to know whether there is no harm in doing so, i would be using cm 10 build 3 as a base ROM, so i hope when i complete the base rom and when i flash it, it doesn't brick my phone !

I am still very junior over here in this section but i still want to port this ROM...Please everybody give me your suggestions so as to if there is any harm in doing so !

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to warrior1208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bionicsquirell
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1208 View Post
Hey everybody,

So i am trying to port MINICM 10 from HTC Explorer to Desire C and i want to know whether there is no harm in doing so, i would be using cm 10 build 3 as a base ROM, so i hope when i complete the base rom and when i flash it, it doesn't brick my phone !

I am still very junior over here in this section but i still want to port this ROM...Please everybody give me your suggestions so as to if there is any harm in doing so !

Thanks in advance
It's perfectly safe. Plus it's easy to port from HTC Explorer!

Just extract both
- Delete from golfu and Copy Apps, Media, Framework, and Fonts from pico to Golfu
- The go to etc>init.d, delete all except banner or something and don't copy the ones from pico yet
- Go to etc>permissions Copy the permissions from pico except platform and handheld_hardware
- Go to system>lib and copy over libmedia, libandroid and libandroid_runtime

Change the boot.img's over, zip and flash, if it flashes and boots, great! Go back an edit the build.prop using notepad++

If you get errors like set_perm failure, open the updater script in the meta inf folder, and copy the set_perm para from pico and paste in golfu

Reflash.

If it boots, add in the init.d scripts and reflash, may or may not boot.

it may or may not have root access.

Use NOPE boot.img
The Following User Says Thank You to bionicsquirell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warrior1208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicsquirell View Post
It's perfectly safe. Plus it's easy to port from HTC Explorer!

Just extract both
- Delete from golfu and Copy Apps, Media, Framework, and Fonts from pico to Golfu
- The go to etc>init.d, delete all except banner or something and don't copy the ones from pico yet
- Go to etc>permissions Copy the permissions from pico except platform and handheld_hardware
- Go to system>lib and copy over libmedia, libandroid and libandroid_runtime

Change the boot.img's over, zip and flash, if it flashes and boots, great! Go back an edit the build.prop using notepad++

If you get errors like set_perm failure, open the updater script in the meta inf folder, and copy the set_perm para from pico and paste in golfu

Reflash.

If it boots, add in the init.d scripts and reflash, may or may not boot.

it may or may not have root access.

Use NOPE boot.img
Yaa thanks buddy i know how to port was just thinking if there was no harm to flash it...
Thanks once again !
The Following User Says Thank You to warrior1208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1208 View Post
Hey everybody,

Thanks in advance
theres always a risk of soft brick, which is bootlooping. Its an easy fix, just reboot into recovery and restore your backup or flash cm10 for you device

P.S: do a full wipe before flashing port roms as a dirty flash causes bootloops
The Following User Says Thank You to Maurice5813 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warrior1208
Old
(Last edited by warrior1208; 25th January 2014 at 05:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
I have successfully ported minicm 10...check my signature!

Thanks for your support !