Question about cm 11

Tip us?

tomi001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Question about cm 11

Hey everybody

I'm using cm 10.2. I want to upgrade the new cm 11 nightly but i wan to flash it over without wipe my data. Is that possible ? I want to run my phone after flashing without bugs or i don't want that the phone is laggy.

Thanks in advance

mshimpi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi001 View Post
Hey everybody

I'm using cm 10.2. I want to upgrade the new cm 11 nightly but i wan to flash it over without wipe my data. Is that possible ? I want to run my phone after flashing without bugs or i don't want that the phone is laggy.

Thanks in advance
Hi there,
It's recommended to do a factory reset after installing new version of OS. For CM-11 the base version is KitKat (Android 4.4.x).

To make things little easier, I took a backup of all installed apps (/system/app/ and /data/app folder). I didn't use any app for that matter, but just copied them on my internal SD card under Download folder. This folder won't be cleared during factory reset.

Make sure you have CWM based recovery 6.0.4.4 installed. (Initially I was working with older version of recovery (6.0.3.3) and because cause of that CM-11 could not be installed properly.) I have PhilZ's recovery working pretty good on my E980. You can find it here.

Hope that helps.

tomi001
Old
(Last edited by tomi001; 29th December 2013 at 09:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshimpi View Post
Hi there,
It's recommended to do a factory reset after installing new version of OS. For CM-11 the base version is KitKat (Android 4.4.x).

To make things little easier, I took a backup of all installed apps (/system/app/ and /data/app folder). I didn't use any app for that matter, but just copied them on my internal SD card under Download folder. This folder won't be cleared during factory reset.

Make sure you have CWM based recovery 6.0.4.4 installed. (Initially I was working with older version of recovery (6.0.3.3) and because cause of that CM-11 could not be installed properly.) I have PhilZ's recovery working pretty good on my E980. You can find it here.

Hope that helps.
Hey i saw the thread. It is for the e980 but i have the e986. Does it also work?

mshimpi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi001 View Post
Hey i saw the thread. It is for the e980 but i have the e986. Does it also work?
Hi,
The official CM-11 build will work on any E-98x phone. But when you install CWM based recovery, make sure you install one which is meant for your phone only.