Three UK

Tip us?

radicalisto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1171

DONATE TO ME
Default Three UK

Anyone else on Three having serious signal issues? - Wherever I go, no matter what City it is seriously poor goes to -95dBm tops at any given time. Been like this for a while now, even on my HTC One

However when I have tried my o2 sim card, my signal is full strength everywhere.. I wondered if maybe this could be solved by flashing Three's modem (H3G) to my phone. And Does anyone happen to have it? saves me downloading the firmware and extracting it.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

Ry2mkk
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Anyone else on Three having serious signal issues? - Wherever I go, no matter what City it is seriously poor goes to -95dBm tops at any given time. Been like this for a while now, even on my HTC One

However when I have tried my o2 sim card, my signal is full strength everywhere.. I wondered if maybe this could be solved by flashing Three's modem (H3G) to my phone. And Does anyone happen to have it? saves me downloading the firmware and extracting it.
Unfortunately I don't have the modem for you, however my signal hasn't been affected at all recently ! If anything its been quicker, Last night was on 10mbs using 3g/hspa - Give them a call, they are no doubt working on upgrading your services and didnt inform you via text

Samsung Galaxy S2 8GB
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB (n9005 )
RIP KNOX 0x0 & 4.3 BL ----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2472301 <---- This is why I Love KitKat
The Following User Says Thank You to Ry2mkk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry2mkk View Post
Unfortunately I don't have the modem for you, however my signal hasn't been affected at all recently ! If anything its been quicker, Last night was on 10mbs using 3g/hspa - Give them a call, they are no doubt working on upgrading your services and didnt inform you via text

Well 4G is supposed to come here (York) next month, but my signal has been super poor for about 3-4 months now, was in London the other week and Leeds a few days ago and it was the same, internet is pretty intermittent also. Guess I'll have to ring them and shout at them again.
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

skibadee
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I drive around Bristol, South Wales, Swindon and down as far as Bournemouth streaming music via Google. Im using Three and have h+ 3/4 bars 99% of the time. No issues for me with signal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to skibadee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibadee View Post
I drive around Bristol, South Wales, Swindon and down as far as Bournemouth streaming music via Google. Im using Three and have h+ 3/4 bars 99% of the time. No issues for me with signal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hmm, I'm thinking it is possible my SIM is a tad dodgy maybe? - I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what's what, cheers for the replies fellas.

Ry2mkk
Old
(Last edited by Ry2mkk; 30th December 2013 at 05:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Hmm, I'm thinking it is possible my SIM is a tad dodgy maybe? - I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what's what, cheers for the replies fellas.

Yeah worth a call, Like i said my signal and speed has been brill lately ! tip - remove your sim and turn the device off and on before you call otherwise they will just fob you off with that and get you to call back after or from another line !

2mb/s download speed - Some people would say thats 20mb connection

Not sure if its a good thing that my mobile phone has a better connection than my fixed landline
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-30-05-08-10-1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2482747  
Samsung Galaxy S2 8GB
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB (n9005 )
RIP KNOX 0x0 & 4.3 BL ----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2472301 <---- This is why I Love KitKat
The Following User Says Thank You to Ry2mkk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dan-SRi
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Sounds like sim could be dodgy! I'm in bournemouth and i'm getting Good speeds (19MB) and i travelled to wales and back and got pretty good speeds, average about 16MB but i have noticed that the Note 3 definitely doesn't get as good signal as the 1020 i have... For example, my note 3 will have no or one bar but my 1020 will have 2 or 3. And sometimes the Note 3 will display 3 or 4 bars but as soon as i go to call it says "not registered on network". Thats only out in the middle of nowhere (Wool, Wareham).

The Following User Says Thank You to Dan-SRi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]