5,596,784 Members 48,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone rebooting randomly - help needed

Tip us?

KalarAzar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yep. The flashing of MJ7 did not work. Maybe my battery is a dud as it went straight back into a bootloop at the Samsung logo.

Carphone Warehouse visit on Monday methinks..

Acer4605
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalarAzar View Post
Yep. The flashing of MJ7 did not work. Maybe my battery is a dud as it went straight back into a bootloop at the Samsung logo.

Carphone Warehouse visit on Monday methinks..
you can get passed the samsung logo if you boot while your charger is connected to the phone, the battery might swell as well or is already bigger then it originally was
Do, or do not. There is no 'try"

Mobile - GT-I9505
Radio - I9505XXUFNBH
Android Rom - 4.4.2. - I9505XXUFNBH - Echo V rocking 20
Kernel: 3.4.0 AEL-Kernel@friedrich420#3
Recovery: 6.0.4.7
CWM: Philz Touch 6.15.4

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Acer4605 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elkingyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 13
My phone has been randomly shutting down over the past couple of days and the only way I can get it to boot is to connect a charger/cable to pc. I've tried different ROMs and returning to stock. No joy.
I guess my battery could well be the problem

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

My phone has randomly started shutting down over the past couple of days and the only way I can get it to boot is to connect charger/cable to pc. When it dies, it also loses all of my wifi passwords. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Any help appreciated
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Dans GE Latest
Recovery: Philz Latest

R1V4L
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Definately the battery, dude

I was experiencing the same problems, and I observed that the battery swollen. So I replaced it and now the phone is functioning properly. Do not wait for the battery to modify its volume because you are risking to put pressure on the display and crack it. Beware.
The Following User Says Thank You to R1V4L For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KalarAzar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Was, indeed, the battery

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know that I went back to Phones4u with the receipt from September (when I bought the new phone) and they filled out a form to request a new battery from Samsung and replaced mine their and then in the shop with a new battery from another Samsung Galaxy S4.

My old battery did, indeed, have a serial number that started with BD and the new one starts with AA so hopefully I am now sorted.

Massive thanks to everyone who replied and hopefully this thread will save someone else the time and lost data that flashing ROMs can incur.

Cheers,
A very happy Steve