XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM 10.2 issues

Tip us?

justcallmejohan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM 10.2 issues

Running the 10.2 CM build and I lost GPS and Camera functionality coming from CM 10.1, so now I would like to use Team Dirt's 4.4.2 ROM but I'm not sure what steps to take to ensure working GPS, Camera, MMS, 4G, etc. or whether I can backup apps and re-install on Dirty Unicorns using helium without any issues. Any help appreciated!

altimuh
Old
(Last edited by altimuh; 30th December 2013 at 12:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmejohan View Post
Running the 10.2 CM build and I lost GPS and Camera functionality coming from CM 10.1, so now I would like to use Team Dirt's 4.4.2 ROM but I'm not sure what steps to take to ensure working GPS, Camera, MMS, 4G, etc. or whether I can backup apps and re-install on Dirty Unicorns using helium without any issues. Any help appreciated!
I'm not sure what you did to lose camera and GPS. But when switching between CM and Touchwiz ROMs you have to do things a certain way.

Personally, when I have problems, I like to go back to stock and start from there.

I would recommend doing this:
Backup everything to your PC (both internal and external)
Delete the contents of the "0" folder on your internal card. If you use ES File Explorer, you'll need to enable root access, and then while in the app hit the menu button. The left menu will slide open and you'll see "Local".... underneath that you'll find the "0" folder. The problem is the way CM and Touchwiz mount the file system - they don't do it the same way. So when you do a factory reset in CWM, it doesn't clear out one of those folders. (I found this thread helpful - especially posts 2 & 4) I had major data problems on CM10 for 2-3 months, then I found this out.

After you do that go back to stock. Make sure you download the keep root file as well. Follow the directions on that page. (Tip - don't wipe cache after flashing those two files in recovery!!)

I forget, but you may need to install ROM Manager to get CWM recovery back on your phone.

To verify workjng GPS, lte....I highly recommend entering ##72786# in your dialer. The phone will grab the latest prl and update your profile. Just don't update the software (4.3 mk4 ota), I'd rather not get into the knox world.

Verify working gps. (I prefer "GPS Status")

Send and receive text messages (text yourself and whoever's in the same room - have that person text you back).

Then follow the developers instructions exactly for your desired ROM.