5,594,282 Members 43,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS Broken

Tip us?

WillKennerley
Old
(Last edited by WillKennerley; 30th December 2013 at 11:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] GPS Broken

Hi All,

My Phone can't seem to locate ANY satellites in either my Stock ROM or Custom ROM (I use SS)..

I've tried the standard update AGPS fix and still got nothing.

I always thought it was my custom ROMs that just had buggy GPS but seeming as the stock doesn't either, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue are appreciated!

(XT910 my stock ROM is British Retail Jelly Bean)

1droidmod
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKennerley View Post
Hi All,

My Phone can't seem to locate ANY satellites in either my Stock ROM or Custom ROM (I use SS)..

I've tried the standard update AGPS fix and still got nothing.

I always thought it was my custom ROMs that just had buggy GPS but seeming as the stock doesn't either, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue are appreciated!

(XT910 my stock ROM is British Retail Jelly Bean)
A couple of months back somebody with the same device as you had the exact same issue. I suggested to RSDlite and GPS issue was solved. I know they had a difficult time figuring out how to re root but it was done with a little research. This was the only solution. I hope this is helpful for you!!

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1droidmod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WillKennerley
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1droidmod View Post
A couple of months back somebody with the same device as you had the exact same issue. I suggested to RSDlite and GPS issue was solved. I know they had a difficult time figuring out how to re root but it was done with a little research. This was the only solution. I hope this is helpful for you!!

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
Excellent, I'm glad there seems to be a solution! It's a bit of a pain in the ass though

1droidmod
Old
(Last edited by 1droidmod; 30th December 2013 at 12:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKennerley View Post
Excellent, I'm glad there seems to be a solution! It's a bit of a pain in the ass though
It is a great idea to do this from time to time. You never know what gets left behind when you are flashing custom stuff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46219882
XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
Here is a link to the other fella. If he is still around I am sure he would be more than happy to help you if you have any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1droidmod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
broken, gps, razr, xt910