XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Transfer files from PC using Wifi direct

Tip us?

aalupatti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 403
Default [Q] Transfer files from PC using Wifi direct

I have wifi direct in my vaio and lenovo pc's but never successfully transfered files from them to my phone or phone to these devices using WIFI direct.

The regular wifi works fine but they are very slow.. The best so far was using Samba file sharing with speeds up to 2 MBPS

Has anyone been successfully connected your note 3 to PC via Wifi direct and transfered files

Thanks

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti View Post
I have wifi direct in my vaio and lenovo pc's but never successfully transfered files from them to my phone or phone to these devices using WIFI direct.

The regular wifi works fine but they are very slow.. The best so far was using Samba file sharing with speeds up to 2 MBPS

Has anyone been successfully connected your note 3 to PC via Wifi direct and transfered files

Thanks
use airdroid its fast and easy to use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_GB
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aalupatti
Old
(Last edited by aalupatti; 30th December 2013 at 01:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
use airdroid its fast and easy to use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_GB
But what speeds do you get ??

Edit: tested myself.. The transfer speeds are awesome now.. Dint know that there was the tethering mode option.

Thank s
The Following User Says Thank You to aalupatti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]