Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Help: GT-P5113 + HDTV Adapter

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
OEM Software (Rooted)
GT-P5113

HDTV Adapter
EPL-3PHPBEGCAN

So I am trying to connect the tap to my HD TV. I purchase the above adapter and connect the power to the adapter via the OEM power plug/cord, the adapter to the tablet via the 30 pin connecter on the adapter, and the TV to the adapter via HDMI cable. When I plug the adapter into the tablet, it makes a chime noise signifying that something has been plugged in. When I go to the HDMI input source on the TV, nothing displays. I know I am doing it right as I have Googled this to death. I have contacted Samsung via phone, and email support. All they do is ask me if I bought my tablet locally and then refer me to call Samsung for parts. I don't want or need parts. I clearly have everything I need. So I click a link on the Samsung site that says "Email the CEO". I amusingly clicked and sent an email about my frustrations trying to get support. So someone from Samsung calls me back (the same people you get when you call support. After being put on hold for 20 minutes while they find something to tell me, she comes back and asks me if my TV is MHL compatible. In my head I'm like wtf?!?! So I ask her what that has to do with this and she tells me my TV needs to have this in order to display whats on the tablet. So I ask her if the website, box or instructions should say this as I have never heard of MHL until she mentioned it. I look up MHL and it looks like its related to phones and the HDTV adapter the phones use with micro HDMI. This adapter uses regular HDMI.

Anyways, I've had enough of the Samsung runaround...

Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm at a loss of what to try. I've tried on two TV's with the same result. I shouldn't need to upgrade should I? Do I need to unroot, upgrade, then root? Anyone have any suggestions?

ChocBoyWonder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone? Thoughts or suggestions?