5,594,151 Members 46,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't root

Tip us?
 
ffp.
Old
#1  
ffp.'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 260
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default [Q] Can't root

Hi, i have a C6943 and i just can't root it to do a TA backup. I was on 4.3 and tried to root with kingo root and then with vroot. Both failed. Downgraded to 4.2.2 and tried again. Both failed again. And i can't install 360root

What should i do? I don't want to unlock bootloader before backing up TA...
 
AntiDroid
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp. View Post
Hi, i have a C6943 and i just can't root it to do a TA backup. I was on 4.3 and tried to root with kingo root and then with vroot. Both failed. Downgraded to 4.2.2 and tried again. Both failed again. And i can't install 360root

What should i do? I don't want to unlock bootloader before backing up TA...
You don't need a TA Backup on 4.3 (.290) and applications like Kingo, Vroot etc. will only work for 4.2 (cant remember the number, i think it's .527)
 
shteren
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 497
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiDroid View Post
You don't need a TA Backup on 4.3 (.290) and applications like Kingo, Vroot etc. will only work for 4.2 (cant remember the number, i think it's .527)
He need a Ta backup in general!
Try vroot on. 534. 257 is unrootable.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
 
ffp.
Old
#4  
ffp.'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 260
Join Date: Oct 2011
where can i find .534 ftf? My phone is C6943 and i only found .257 and .290
 
funky0308
Old
#5  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4195
Posts: 5,063
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Osijek

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiDroid View Post
You don't need a TA Backup on 4.3 (.290) and applications like Kingo, Vroot etc. will only work for 4.2 (cant remember the number, i think it's .527)
Don't do that mate.
If he did thid what you just said he would lose his TA and that's not good.

If you aren't sure, please, don't answer.

Sony fixed camera issues on 4.3 but that doesn't mean that you don't need to backup TA partition!!!

How could you relock bootloader if you need it without TAs?

Sent from my Z1

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp. View Post
where can i find .534 ftf? My phone is C6943 and i only found .257 and .290
Google it...
You have mega collection but I doubt there's firmwares for 6943.

Sent from my Z1
 
AntiDroid
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Sony fixed camera issues on 4.3 but that doesn't mean that you don't need to backup TA partition!!!

How could you relock bootloader if you need it without TAs?
I know but why should u relock it ? :S
 
funky0308
Old
#7  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4195
Posts: 5,063
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Osijek

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiDroid View Post
I know but why should u relock it ? :S
You don't have to relock it but some guys want back X-Reality and few Sony apk, OTA update or just need to use their warranty - that's why tou need TA backup.

If you send unlocked device with custom kernel to Sony they'll refuse ti repair or replace device...

Sent from my Z1
 
AntiDroid
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
You don't have to relock it but some guys want back X-Reality and few Sony apk, OTA update or just need to use their warranty
true, i was concentrated on the camera

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google ATAP Reveals Project Ara Developer Kits and 100K Prize Challenge

Today, Paul Eremenko from Google’s Advanced Technology and … more

Configure Your System Settings on a Per-App Basis

Do you ever like to make sure that certain device settings are enabled prior to entering a … more

How to Hack An Android App (Don’t Try This at Home) – XDA Developer TV

Listen, don’t cheat in your games. So don’t … more

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Now Available!

About two weeks ago at the BUILD conference in San Francisco, Microsoft unveiled Windows … more