5,605,766 Members 48,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Compare/Contrast the various 4.3 ROMs with Note 3 features?

Tip us?

RobFreundlich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Compare/Contrast the various 4.3 ROMs with Note 3 features?

I rooted a while back using CASUAL and was planning on flashing the Beans ROM while I was on my holiday break, but now that the official 4.3 update has come out and a bunch of the ROMs that include Note 3 features are being modified to use the update as their ultimate base, I'm waiting. The catch is, I am having a hard time grokking the differences between them and therefore making a decision as to which one to try.

The ones I'm looking at are DittoNote 3, SkyNote, and Nephilim. Can anyone who's familiar with all three sum up the similarities and differences with regard to features and what's not working? Are there others I should be considering?

Thanks!

marcdman4000
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm using DN3. It's cool but in beta I think. It has a lot of bugs.one bug is huge as you probably read. The mms issue. But there are other issues as well like the Web browser glitches when entering it or rotating screen you get this like scrunched stretched screen. Video player gallery does not play the previews or the lager s pen activated previews. This reply is getting long so I will stop there. But it's good enough to use as a daily driver if you use the mms work around. It's based of the inter. Version so stuff is a little odd. But I like it so far. I think I'm going to try neph. Next
The Following User Says Thank You to marcdman4000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RobFreundlich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdman4000 View Post
I'm using DN3. It's cool but in beta I think. It has a lot of bugs.one bug is huge as you probably read. The mms issue. But there are other issues as well like the Web browser glitches when entering it or rotating screen you get this like scrunched stretched screen. Video player gallery does not play the previews or the lager s pen activated previews. This reply is getting long so I will stop there. But it's good enough to use as a daily driver if you use the mms work around. It's based of the inter. Version so stuff is a little odd. But I like it so far. I think I'm going to try neph. Next
Thanks!
  • MMS - I'm a bit confused from reading the DN3 thread - is MMS completely broken, or only when accessing it from Hangouts?
  • Web browser - not too worried about that, as I'm using Next Browser
  • Video player gallery - I don't do much with video, so that doesn't worry me much either.

It seems like DN3 might be a good choice for me. I like the professionalism in their presentation and their stated desired to get everything right - it seems like they are going to functional and useful instead of flashy and cool, which appeals very much to me.

Given that they're predicting their next release will be soon (they were aiming for yesterday), maybe I'll hold off for a few more days and try this one. Unless anyone chimes in with good things about the others?

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
Thanks!

Given that they're predicting their next release will be soon (they were aiming for yesterday), maybe I'll hold off for a few more days and try this one. Unless anyone chimes in with good things about the others?
Here is their updated rom thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588887

RobFreundlich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier View Post
That looks pretty good - is N3bula a new version of DN3, or a spinoff?

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
That looks pretty good - is N3bula a new version of DN3, or a spinoff?
Based on the end of the DN3 thread, I *think* it is the new and improved version. However, I haven't tried either so I really can't say. Both deckoz and L18 are responsive so you might want to ask in the thread.

RobFreundlich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier View Post
Based on the end of the DN3 thread, I *think* it is the new and improved version. However, I haven't tried either so I really can't say. Both deckoz and L18 are responsive so you might want to ask in the thread.
I've been staying here because I was under the 10-post minimum, but hey - I'm over it now! I'll go do that Thanks!

Tags
4.3, rom, s-pen