5,604,050 Members 47,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked HTC ONE 802w, hope not?

Tip us?

Bextonbeck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked HTC ONE 802w, hope not?

... well this is what I think. But I am newbie.

I bought this one in China due to double sim card and micro SD memory slot.
but as in Chinese (Weibo form China Unicom, please correct me if not..), I wanted to root it and install Google Play things because I can't read Chinese even in HTC Market, and customize the blink feed etc.

I read and read and found a way to make it happen, with Moonrise.
After unlocking from HTC dev, I realized it was not S-off.
So no way to install whatever even through TRWP or CWM.

So back to step 1 for starting up again, regarding S-OFF.
Launching distiller.exe (from Mooshine), all passed more or less ok with some reboots and suddenly a "press ENTER" with a warning not to drink.
Drink?...
Er... Well, OK, this maybe some local humour... (I am French (...nobody's perfect) and I may have not catch this.

But now i am stuck on 1st screen showing the Weibo Logo (Orange logo on white screen), not moving and no chance to load anything,

Try to reboot:
POWER + VOL.DOWN just makes blink the 2 logos down on screen ('<' and 'home' or 'house' logo... even holding for many seconds
(and seconds are long in France...).

I just can see phone starts to be hot when touching it, and me too, feeling hotly... stupid!!!..
This was working not so bad finally and I think I just screwed it...

Really ?
It there someone here that feels that I am just missing a small tiny little step to move forward?
Maybe should i have had checked this could work with Chinese phone...

Anyway, any help for beginner is very welcome then.

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
It's the wrong thread. This thread is for the Sprint version. I'm not even sure if your phone is a genuine or a fake. You should try some other forum. The only advice I can give you is to try keeping pressed the power button with some bright light in front of the light sensor. This should reboot the phone. If you can get in bootloadet your phone is not bricked

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 7.1-4

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0 Sense 5

Bextonbeck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
It's the wrong thread. This thread is for the Sprint version. I'm not even sure if your phone is a genuine or a fake. You should try some other forum. The only advice I can give you is to try keeping pressed the power button with some bright light in front of the light sensor. This should reboot the phone. If you can get in bootloadet your phone is not bricked

Ho So sorry. Didn't mean to pollute this post. I will follow you instructions and give you in other thread the result. Thanks again.

Bextonbeck
Old
(Last edited by Bextonbeck; 29th December 2013 at 02:29 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=/QUOTE]

No offense... it is just that I succeed to be under the HBOOT. But before I get stuck again I'd like an advice.
Because it is just like I was waiting for 3 days until I could make it and patience is not really a 2nd name...

I can read :

HBOOT (selected)

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY (selected)
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC (???)
SHOW BARCODE

Looking forward to reading you.
Thanks anyway.

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
I am not sure what you device is. You should tell me what your device model. It's written in bootloader before the hboot version. Or you could just take a picture of it and post it here. I don't know why moonshine didn't work for you, but it could be that it wasn't for your phone model or your hboot. Can you go to recovery(just use the volume buttons to move and select it with power button)?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I think I found the thread for your device. It has instructions on how to get s-off. You better ask here, cause they can help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495697

if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One

HTC Sensation
The Following User Says Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bextonbeck
Old
(Last edited by Bextonbeck; 29th December 2013 at 03:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
On top of screen it written:
M7DCUG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 2.27.0000

I had put a picture in attachment.

Follwing your instruction, it just displayed "entering recovery" and I have new screen, with menus and so on...
and it says this is TRWP!!!!!

Waow ! So great! I hope I can continue but I prefer to wait your advice...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131229_162117.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	2481450  

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bextonbeck View Post
On top of screen it written:
M7DCUG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 2.27.0000

I had put a picture in attachment.

Follwing your instruction, it just displayed "entering recovery" and I have new screen, with menus and so on...
and it says this is TRWP!!!!!

Waow ! So great! I hope I can continue but I prefer to wait your advice...
You can try if your device boots to system. Select reboot than system in recovery.
If it gets stuck on the boot logo again: I found a custom ROM for your device http://llabtoofer.com/2013/07/23/htc...sim-maximushd/
You have to sideload it. Here's a guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317989

if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One

HTC Sensation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bextonbeck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
You can try if your device boots to system. Select reboot than system in recovery.
If it gets stuck on the boot logo again: I found a custom ROM for your device http://llabtoofer.com/2013/07/23/htc...sim-maximushd/
You have to sideload it. Here's a guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317989

Hello elvisypi,

YOU JUST ROCK!!!! I followed your instructions regarding custom ROM and sideloading and now the phone works just great.
I can have it all in French for all menus (international languages can be selected).

A 1000 of thanks for your great help as phone is working perfectly and!

A question btw:
Phone tells me there is an update from MaximusHD 1.0.0 to 1.0.1.
So I downloaded it but when mobile reboots it goes into TRWP...

So I am not so sure of the procedure to follow regarding the update...
Maybe should require not to update? or either select other menu than fastboot?

Or let it in the state of the art as working perfectly (homoeostasis attitude...)

elvisypi
Old
(Last edited by elvisypi; 30th December 2013 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
I am glad I helped. I saw on the thread:
After installation you will get 1.0.1 OTA update. It will be downloaded in download folder at internal storage. You have to install it manually!
So selsect install from sd card and than go to downloaded folder. Flash the file
Please post in ROM thread or in the One general if you have further questions, cause this thread is only for Sprint

if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One

HTC Sensation