XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with dual Bluetooth audio devices

Tip us?

denasqu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Problem with dual Bluetooth audio devices

I have a Jabra Freeway in my car and Plantronics M165 in my ear. My iPhone would work with both devices at the same time. Even with the M165 on, the iPhone would connect to the Freeway when I got in the car. When the phone rang, it rang both devices and I could answer either one.

Now I’ve got the Note 3 and it seems that it will only connect to one or the other. Both devices work fine. Just not at the same time. If I get in the car with the M165 on, the Freeway just says “disconnected” repeatedly until I turn the M165 off.

I presume this is a limitation of the Note 3 bluetooth stack but just thought I would check to be sure. I read on another forum where someone said it should work with both devices but that was all that was said. Anybody actually do this with the Note 3?

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 312
From what I have found you can have 2 Bluetooth devices connected at the same time, but not performing the same function. For example, you can have your headset bluetooth set as the active bluetooth for phone functions and your car bluetooth set as the active bluetooth for media functions. If you long press each Bluetooth device within the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, you can choose how your phone connects via bluetooth to each device.

and that is, from what I understand, the Bluetooth limitations for Android.

♢NoteIII♢
I will not appologize for art.
Galaxy Note 3

The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denasqu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post
From what I have found you can have 2 Bluetooth devices connected at the same time, but not performing the same function.
That's what I figured. I'll keep my fingers crossed that KitKat updates will remedy this. In the meantime I guess it's a small thing to give up in exchange for the gains.
The Following User Says Thank You to denasqu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]