Note 3 drop call and call quality

Tip us?

garuda3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 3 drop call and call quality

Hi,
I am just wondering if a lot of people on Sprint has experienced a lot of unpredictable drop calls and unstable call quality?

I tried updating the phone, exchanging the phone, but the problem is still there. Is this a common defect for this specific phone? Or this is just Sprint network creating the problem?

cmdauria
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by garuda3 View Post
Hi,
I am just wondering if a lot of people on Sprint has experienced a lot of unpredictable drop calls and unstable call quality?

I tried updating the phone, exchanging the phone, but the problem is still there. Is this a common defect for this specific phone? Or this is just Sprint network creating the problem?
Most likely the network. This phone has been rock solid for me!

bigpappags3
Old
Thanks Meter 2665
It has to be the network in your area...I use my phone anywhere from 5-10 thousand minutes a month. .. if I had any of those problems this phone would have gone back within a week. ... it's been very solid though.

http://i.imgur.com/qrByUGN.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387736335461.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	2468776  

Tw1sted247
Old
Thanks Meter 820
On the original firmware and modem I dropped 85%of calls. Then the next update mi5 got barely better. Mj4 had been much better,it still drops calls at least a couple times a day. I dropped more calls in one day on the note 3 then I did the entire time combined on my note 2.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
JellyBomb v3.2.0 / Strongsteve Odexed Blue 3.2 / ToXiC 1.0.2
Apex Launcher Pro / Nova Launcher
Kernel:by Freeza
Baseband: Mj4
TeamWinRecovery 2.6.3.7

Flash-a-holic

Retired Devices: Samsung a-920 ->Motorola Q ->Palm Pre ->HTC Evo4G -> Galaxy Note 2

Mansevolver
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I get 4-5 bars anywhere in my house. Mind you, I'm like 500 feet from a tower. (If they throw LTE on this tower, I'm set...)
I sometimes rock on full bars. 3G is also super strong. (2mbp/s on CDMA 3g? Not too bad)

But generally speaking, My Note 3 has none of these issues. Sprint is known for their voice clarity. Note 3 enforces this.
I'm an Air cooling Editor, and News Editor, as well as moderator at Overclock.net. I plan to bring here, what we over there call a professional initiative. My news duties consist of reviewing deciding what constitutes as valid information, and if it is indeed "news". For air cooling, I simply moderate the air cooling thread. So desktop cooling, and news. I'll be glad to assist in any way I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mansevolver For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luisrod03
Old
Thanks Meter 134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi,

MI3 original firmware on the phone had that problem the last 2 updates MI5 and MJ4 they don't have that issue.... Try doing a ##72786# so you can get the signal refresh

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

garuda3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisrod03 View Post
MI3 original firmware on the phone had that problem the last 2 updates MI5 and MJ4 they don't have that issue.... Try doing a ##72786# so you can get the signal refresh

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I tried that already. But the call quality is still really unstable. Now I really don't know what to do. Perhaps I should exchange the phone to Galaxy s4?

MobDad
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
I tried that already. But the call quality is still really unstable. Now I really don't know what to do. Perhaps I should exchange the phone to Galaxy s4?
Considering your problem is probably the Sprint tower in your area, you would most likely be spinning your wheels. Take your phone to your local Sprint dealer to see if they can suggest anything. If they can't help you, try a different carrier if the problem persists.

Duce HD2
Old
Thanks Meter 311
I've had issues where I place a call and there is no tone or anything, however the recipient's phone rings like normal, but when answering can't hear anything either.. I'm kinda of disappointed with call issues on this phone, because otherwise it's a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaximuS 5.8