Originally Posted by griotte
I used the condi's flasher to get jelly bean a long time ago.
Now I wanted to have the last update from sony (R3 it seems) however the tablet says that there is no new updates (which is false). I have noticed that for my version number (or something like that, last info on the tablet ) I have "UNKNOWN (FR)".
Can you help me to update it?
Download the latest version R3 for your region from:
Copy the update to the root of the external SD card.
Now become the tricky part. To update successfully you will need to create some symlinks.
If this sounds like chinese to you, stop right here.
Use jappaj guide (I don't remember the correct post):
So, in order to create this symlink:
- Connect your Xperia to computer
- Start Command Prompt
- Start shell by typing in command "adb shell" (you need Xperia drivers installed and adb.exe from somewhere!)
- Then request root priviledges by typing in "su" - you should get prompt to your Xperia device which you need to accept
- Check vendor symlink from CURRENT system partition by typing in "ls -l /system", ie. mine:
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-05-03 23:54 vendor -> /datapp/vendor/vendor0/FI
- Then you need to create this symlink to OTHER system partition if it is missing. To do this you need to figure out what partition is currently mount as /system, type in "mount |grep -i /system", mine:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
There are two partitions which contains system, /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 and /dev/block/mmcblk0p4. One is currently mounted and used, I refer this as CURRENT and another is unused, I refer this as OTHER. My CURRENT is /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 and OTHER will then be /dev/block/mmcblk0p4. Yours may be reversed.
- So create folder for OTHER system partition, type in "mkdir /data/local/tmp/sysother"
- Them mount OTHER to that folder, type in "mount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0pX /data/local/tmp/sysother" where X is of course correct number for OTHER
- Go to folder to which OTHER was mounted, type in "cd vendor
- Check what you have, type in "ls -l"
- Do you have vendor folder or symlink? I think flasher will create folder (first letter is d) while out-of-the-box we have symlink (first letter is l). At least I had symlink in CURRENT when I got my Xperia back from service. Some kind soul who has not used flasher could check this for us, what do you have in CUR*RENT and OTHER, please! If you do not have vendor folder or symlink, trying to flash OTA from recovery will fail (at least it fails for me)!
- If you do not have anything, just create symlink, type in "ln -s /datapp/vendor/vendor1/FI vendor". Copy region code from symlink within CURRENT partition, mine is FI as Finland, yours will depend on your region! Also use vendor0 for mmcblk0p3 and vendor1 for mmcblk0p4 (other words use vendor0 if your CURRENT had vendor1 and vice versa)!
- Shut down, reboot to recovery and try to flash JB.
Then boot to recovery and flash the R3:
Volume + (hold it down forever) press power ... when you turn it loose screen when sony logo appears (this is fast) press again and holding down ... if you've done well ... sony logo disappears and leaves as distorted, loose then you press power and repeatedly! Now you should see the recovery menu