XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Error in fastboot "phone is already rooted"

Tip us?

antmantucan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Error in fastboot "phone is already rooted"

I get this error when trying to unlock my bootloader. I have c6903 and rooted it before moving up to 4.3. I then unlocked my bootloader on 4.3 (or I think I did). However, when I try to install supersu it says my phone is not rooted. However, when I try to unlock my bootloader I get the message "error phone is already rooted". I attached a screenshot below. Does this mean my phone bootloader is unlocked and my phone is properly rooted to then install a recovery? I want to ultimately install ihackers rom but want to be sure I have everything ready for a proper install.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	2481929  

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by antmantucan View Post
I get this error when trying to unlock my bootloader. I have c6903 and rooted it before moving up to 4.3. I then unlocked my bootloader on 4.3 (or I think I did). However, when I try to install supersu it says my phone is not rooted. However, when I try to unlock my bootloader I get the message "error phone is already rooted". I attached a screenshot below. Does this mean my phone bootloader is unlocked and my phone is properly rooted to then install a recovery? I want to ultimately install ihackers rom but want to be sure I have everything ready for a proper install.

Thanks
I'm not sure why it says "rooted" in fastboot, but the commands you're sending are to unlock the bootloader, not root the phone. Your bootloader must already be unlocked, per the error you see. I hope you backed up your TA partition before BL unlocking.

Check out the Root on 4.3 dev discussion for more details on a 4.3 root (which is only possible with an unlocked BL currently).

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Just try to use Flashtool to unlock the bootloader.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.