XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advice on buying off ebay...

Tip us?

mricchio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Advice on buying off ebay...

Hey all, I looking to replace my Moto Razr Maxxx -From verzion with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 9005

i'm currently grandfathered in to the Verizon unlimited data so i have to purchase a phone off contract in order to keep it.

Problem is idk if i need to look/purchase a specific model in order for the phone to work after i swap out the sim card?
I'm looking to purchase a used Note 3 9005 of ebay is there anything i need to know or look out for?

thanks
-Mike

M@|ice
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mricchio View Post
Hey all, I looking to replace my Moto Razr Maxxx -From verzion with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 9005

i'm currently grandfathered in to the Verizon unlimited data so i have to purchase a phone off contract in order to keep it.

Problem is idk if i need to look/purchase a specific model in order for the phone to work after i swap out the sim card?
I'm looking to purchase a used Note 3 9005 of ebay is there anything i need to know or look out for?

thanks
-Mike
im looking to do the same as you. unlimited data subscriber not giving that up. im on ebay myself and there are a few moderately priced. i was looking into the carrier unlocked ones. now correct me if im wrong, but CARRIER unlocked doesnt mean the same as BOOTLOADER unlocked. as in im not finding a golden opportunity here to get the same as the $700 dev edition for a steal, im just confused.....

even if i am wrong, whats weird is some of the carrier unlocked ones say itll work on any carrier, but then it says it doesnt support 3g....

so does that mean when i venture the country roads im screwed? because there isnt 4g there....

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Gotta be careful cause you are on Verizon, they use different bands to the SM-N9005. I believe you guys would require an SM-N900(V?) - eBay is a minefield when it comes to Note 3s currently due to KNOX issues, or just general fakes and scammers.

My advice is buy one direct from a store, cause eBay is risky right now and if you have a knox triggered model. You have no warranty cover

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@|ice View Post
im looking to do the same as you. unlimited data subscriber not giving that up. im on ebay myself and there are a few moderately priced. i was looking into the carrier unlocked ones. now correct me if im wrong, but CARRIER unlocked doesnt mean the same as BOOTLOADER unlocked. as in im not finding a golden opportunity here to get the same as the $700 dev edition for a steal, im just confused.....

even if i am wrong, whats weird is some of the carrier unlocked ones say itll work on any carrier, but then it says it doesnt support 3g....

so does that mean when i venture the country roads im screwed? because there isnt 4g there....
The N9005 Snapdragon (Qualcomm) will support 3G and 4G,

The N900 Exynos (octa-core) is 3G only

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mricchio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hey M@|lice i think i might pick one up from this store-->https://coinsfortech.com/shop/samsun...3-4g-lte-32gb/

Unlocked just means you can use it on an carrier, the bootloader will still be locked.

plus they accept Bitcoin
The Following User Says Thank You to mricchio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mricchio View Post
Hey M@|lice i think i might pick one up from this store-->https://coinsfortech.com/shop/samsun...3-4g-lte-32gb/

Unlocked just means you can use it on an carrier, the bootloader will still be locked.

plus they accept Bitcoin
That's pretty good that they take bitcoin... I have a few bitcoin laying around and now I can convert them to cash by buying a few and selling on lol - Only used a couple in the last few months should have cashed them in when they were near on 1000 per coin
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //