Flashing ROM Problems

Search This thread
Sep 28, 2013
Hey guys,
I have tried to flash 3 different ROMs all hanging on HTC Logo screen
I have a HTCDev unlock bootloader and 4ext bootloader and Root on my stock ROM using Chainfire's SuperSU
Please help and I will drop a thanks on the solution that works.

Thanks,
TheJohnDunster

did you don't forget to flashing a boot.img too that's are extracted from the rom.zip itself after installing the rom..?,
because your bootloader is unlocked but still S-ON..then you must flashing the boot.img too after installing any new custom rom..

extracted the rom.zip that you've already installed..then copied boot.img file from there to the SDK/ADT folder on your pc..then flashing it through FASTBOOT mode.. type fastboot command for flashing it "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (w/o quotes)

hope this help..

Reactions: TheJohnDunster

Orion174

Jan 3, 2014
Karachi
BOOT.img

Hey guys,
I have a HTCDev unlock bootloader and 4ext bootloader and Root on my stock ROM using Chainfire's SuperSU

Thanks,
TheJohnDunster

extract the boot.img from YOUR_CUSTOM_ROM.zip and extract it to the location where fastboot is located
turn off your phone, reboot into bootloader (VOldown+Power)
connect phone to PC
cd into fastboot directory via cmd
type this: fastboot flash boot boot.img
and then reboot your phone .

Reactions: TheJohnDunster
Sep 28, 2013
Thanks

Posts num 2+4 thank you!
This was my problem!
Post no.3 maybe, but with 3 Roms to be broken is unlikely.

Thanks,
TheJohnDunster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    did you don't forget to flashing a boot.img too that's are extracted from the rom.zip itself after installing the rom..?,
    because your bootloader is unlocked but still S-ON..then you must flashing the boot.img too after installing any new custom rom..

extracted the rom.zip that you've already installed..then copied boot.img file from there to the SDK/ADT folder on your pc..then flashing it through FASTBOOT mode.. type fastboot command for flashing it "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (w/o quotes)

hope this help..
    BOOT.img

Hey guys,

Thanks,
    TheJohnDunster

extract the boot.img from YOUR_CUSTOM_ROM.zip and extract it to the location where fastboot is located
    turn off your phone, reboot into bootloader (VOldown+Power)
    connect phone to PC
    cd into fastboot directory via cmd
    type this: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    and then reboot your phone .