XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[urgent!!] c6943 roms!!!

Tip us?

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [urgent!!] c6943 roms!!!

As a C6943 owner, i'm very sad that i can't find any custom rom that is compatible with my model. As the difference between C6903 and C6943 is just the digital TV, i can flash a c6903 rom, but I will lose the digital tv feature.
I believe that to have this feature, a rom just need a framework module or something liek that, which don't seem to be hard to do... I'm not a dev and i don't know anything about creating roms.

So i ask for you developers to try and add this very important feature in your roms to all the C6943 owners!! PLEASE DEVS, HELP US!!

We will be very gratefull =)

guddu2011
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp. View Post
As a C6943 owner, i'm very sad that i can't find any custom rom that is compatible with my model. As the difference between C6903 and C6943 is just the digital TV, i can flash a c6903 rom, but I will lose the digital tv feature.
I believe that to have this feature, a rom just need a framework module or something liek that, which don't seem to be hard to do... I'm not a dev and i don't know anything about creating roms.

So i ask for you developers to try and add this very important feature in your roms to all the C6943 owners!! PLEASE DEVS, HELP US!!

We will be very gratefull =)
Wrong Section..!! Post it in Q&A Section,
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902 (Black)

Sony Xperia Sola MT27i (White)

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I posted it here because i had hope that some dev would give me some directions on how to do it. Would be nice to have like a .zip file to flash the TV modules. But i can post there too

Vaith
Old
Thanks Meter 377
Quote:
I posted it here because i had hope that some dev would give me some directions on how to do it. Would be nice to have like a .zip file to flash the TV modules. But i can post there too
No! You can't! Read rules and read titles of roms!
SE T630╠══╣SE K510i╠══╣SE K750i╠══╣SE Cybershoot™ K800i╠══╣SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro╠══╣SE Xperia Neo V╠══╣SE Xperia Arc S╠══╣SONY Xperia P╠══╣SONY Xperia S╠══╣Sony Xperia Z ╠══╣Sony Xperia Z1 ♥

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4187

DONATE TO ME
Yeah mate, rules are rules so please read them.

If I were you I would try to check which files are responsible for TV then I'll extract them (I believe it's only a minor diference, I really doubt Sony will make two different model for this).

Find someone who has same device and try to learn what you need to add to 6903 ROMs to have TV on it.

Then you can simply add those files from your stock ROM.

You can use all stock based ROMs because you can use your stock framework, semcgeneric, settings.apk and any other file from your, stock ROM.

Sent from my Z1

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Sorry about that.

That's exactly what i was thinking to do. I extracted the ftf files with flashtool and I'll try to look both c6903 and c6943 to find the files resposible for TV. Where would they be, system.sin or kernel?
Can someone with more dev experience pont me the way?

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Probably /system/etc.

Not sure, Just maybe.

Regards,
~J2C
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I am looking for it, but there is nothing that i can relate to the tv. In settings->all apps, the tv is named as mobile tv, but i can't even find it on system/app. And that would be only the apk file. I think i'll have to find something in the firmware too.

Are you sure it wouldn't be in kernel? Aren't bluetooth, wifi, radio, etc. modules in kernel?

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am looking for it, but there is nothing that i can relate to the tv. In settings->all apps, the tv is named as mobile tv, but i can't even find it on system/app. And that would be only the apk file. I think i'll have to find something in the firmware too.

Are you sure it wouldn't be in kernel? Aren't bluetooth, wifi, radio, etc. modules in kernel?
No, it's not related to kernel.

Try searching for the app's picture instead of reading the apk name.
And try to search in /system/priv-app as well.
And it's probably not just a apk, there probably is some other files that can be found somewhere else.

Regards,
~J2C
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.