XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen destroying battery

Tip us?

polarbearmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Screen destroying battery

So I just figure I'll ask about this, but I have a feeling people will suggest I wipe and I just don't have time to do that anytime soon... But it appears that my screen is absolutely destroying my battery life. I keep the screen off whenever I'm not using the phone, but just now in 6hours on battery i'm down to 69% and 57% of it is all screen. The next biggest is 11% on Android OS. Just doesn't seem normal right? Any ideas?
MDA < Wing < G1 < G2 < MyTouch4g Slide < HTC One X < Back to the MyTouch4g Slide < Samsung Galaxy S3 < Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Need music for your project? I've got you covered...
www.bydavidrosen.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidrosen

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 618
Screen wil always be at the top of the battery list in Settings, if it is not there is something seriously wrong.

One thing you need to understand; the percentage listed there is not the actual percentage of drain. It's how much of the actual percentage is caused by those apps/systems/hardware.

So 57% screen means that of the total drain, 57% is caused by the screen. The total drain is not 57%.

Try using BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock Detector to find out what is really draining your battery. You can find them here on XDA, and on Google Play.

Do you have autosync on? What wallpaper? Location services?

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock Unrooted.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

polarbearmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
All my syncing is on yea, just a plain wallpaper, not a live one, and I have Access to my location and use Wireless Networks checked in location services. GPS is off whenever I'm not using navigation. I'll check out those apps. someone else suggested batterydoctor so I'm playing with that one right now, not that it's really telling me anything except to kill apps, which I know is against the general consensus on these boards (killing apps manually)... And of course it says to turn my brightness down or to auto, which I don't even like the phone when it's not on full brightness so that's a no go.
MDA < Wing < G1 < G2 < MyTouch4g Slide < HTC One X < Back to the MyTouch4g Slide < Samsung Galaxy S3 < Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Need music for your project? I've got you covered...
www.bydavidrosen.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidrosen
Tags
battery