5,605,766 Members 48,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LTE Signal Strength Bug in Dev and AT&T Roms, not in GPE!??!

Tip us?

JulienMSP
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LTE Signal Strength Bug in Dev and AT&T Roms, not in GPE!??!

I have an HTC One Black Edition from AT&T. It came with hboot 1.44. I was able to successfully achieve S-OFF using the rumrunner method and I've tried a few RUU roms (not sure if that's the right word).

I've noticed the following problems though which are getting on my nerves.

1) The default AT&T rom that came with it would NEVER connect to LTE no matter where I was and it would always be on H+. Also, it seems to be stuck on Android 4.1 and won't ever go up.

2) The Brightstar US ROM connects to LTE but only ever gives me one bar ..again no matter where I am. The phone consistently shows ****ty signal quality (RSRP(dBm):-13 and RSRQ(dB):-112 for example and I'm outside where two other devices are showing 4 bars of LTE). I don't however, notice any drops in speed and speedtests show that it's working fine (so I think it might be a cosmetic bug..?). This is the ROM I WANT to use because it's just Android 4.4 and Sense 5.5 and looks slick..etc etc

3) The Google Play Edition ROM succesfully OTA's to 4.4.2 and always reports good LTE signal when it should both with the bars and the strength being reported. Speedtests report screaming speeds and I dont notice that it's any slower than when I'm using Brightstar. I'm not a big fan of this ROM as it's too barebones and I actually like some of the HTC goodies.

Right now I'm on the Brightstar Rom and this is what my Bootloader looks like; just looking to get some input to see if I've done something wrong or if this really is a bug?

*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-BS_US001 (changed so I could flash Brightstar, it has also been 11111111, CWS__001 and, GOOGL001 before)
HBOOT - 1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.22.3263.14
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.06.1540.3
eMMC-boot 2048 MB
Dec 11 2013, 18:14:51.0

JulienMSP
Old
(Last edited by JulienMSP; 30th December 2013 at 04:51 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fixed?!?

so...I changed my CID back to CWS__001 as I was about to try flashing a recently leaked 4.4 AT&T RUU when I accidentally rebooted my phone (still running Brightstar 4.4/Sense 5.5) and for whatever reason, my LTE signal issue has disappeared......I am now getting correctly reported strength, more bars but same speeds....weird.

Anyone know if having that CID will prevent OTA's?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 676

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulienMSP View Post
so...I changed my CID back to CWS__001 as I was about to try flashing a recently leaked 4.4 AT&T RUU when I accidentally rebooted my phone (still running Brightstar 4.4/Sense 5.5) and for whatever reason, my LTE signal issue has disappeared......I am now getting correctly reported strength, more bars but same speeds....weird.

Anyone know if having that CID will prevent OTA's?
where is this leaked 4.4 AT&T RUU you speak of ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

eerikk2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I would also like to know if changing the cid will prevent ota's. I have been having this same issue and will try changing cid when I get home.