Tip us?

chefytim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Smile [Q] Omni to CyanogenMod?

OK, newbie here.
I've had my TF300T for around 2 years (or maybe its just one )
Anyway, I finally broke down and unlocked, rooted and applied the latest Omni ROM to my system without issue.
So far I like it just fine but would like to explore other ROM's as well.

Being a newbie I'm sure if this is some simple question.
Can I just flash my system with a CyanogenMod ROM without doing anything else?
I am using TWRP which seems rather easy to use.

Forgive the newbie question as I'm still learning all the parts and pieces of all this.

Cheers

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Did you install the kitkat version of OmniRom? If so, then you can install the KitKat version of Cyanogenmod without a problem. The TWRP version for Jellybean is different than the KitKat version.

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChiefIlliniwek5
Old
(Last edited by ChiefIlliniwek5; 30th December 2013 at 02:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I shouldn't think it would be a problem, especially if you do a clean wipe first. I know there's a lot of discussion and debate about when you can dirty flash or when you should clean flash, but I like to play it safe so I always clean wipe if I'm switching roms JMHO.

chefytim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, I installed the kitkat version of OmniRom so I was thinking it would be OK to install CyanogenMod after doing a wipe first.

Thanks!

ebildude123
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek5 View Post
I shouldn't think it would be a problem, especially if you do a clean wipe first. I know there's a lot of discussion and debate about when you can dirty flash or when you should clean flash, but I like to play it safe so I always clean wipe if I'm switching roms JMHO.
Yeah, you shouldn't ever dirty flash anyways though unless you are just updating nightlies. From ROM to ROM dirty flashing is a no-no and could result in FCs or bootloop unless you wipe data.

ricktendo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek5 View Post
Can you define clean flash?

Other than Dalvic Cache and Cache what other things need to be wiped to constitute a clean flash?

ebildude123
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktendo View Post
Can you define clean flash?

Other than Dalvic Cache and Cache what other things need to be wiped to constitute a clean flash?
Wiping /data & /system

The Following User Says Thank You to ebildude123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]