[Q] Loki'd but can't boot

Tip us?

txshender
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Loki'd but can't boot

Hi all,

I've been running CM since May of this year (had an MDK phone) using TWRP. Today, I decided, foolishly, to start the upgrade process to CM11. Normally, I never had an issue, but because of some difficulty with gapps on KK, I had to restore a nandroid to get back going on CM 10.2. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that boot is not something you want to restore. Maybe that caused it, maybe it didn't. Regardless, I am in the situation where I cannot enter recovery (power+UP does not actually get into TWRP) nor can I enter the OS.

So I read and read how to try to rectify the situation, but it's difficult as there's a lot of conflicting stuff for the Verizon S4.

Since I have the bootloader Loki'd (I still have the bootloader unlocked icon), I think that I could just Odin a TWRP tar via the PDA option. I am fully ready to do this, but I wanted to ask since I think I am in a delicate situation. But if I need to do it via the Loki method, how can I do anything via ADB when I can't enter recovery or the OS itself.

Should I ODIN back to MDK and work my way forward?

Thanks for your time and any help!

txshender
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay,

So, I think there is nothing much to say or suggest.

I did update the apnhlos to MK2. I wanted to update the baseband, and I read somewhere (perhaps mistakenly) that apnhlos updated stuff for bluetooth/wifi/etc. I was able to run CM with the updated apnhlos since MI1, so it never seemed to be a problem to me. But it seems that having an >MDK apnhlos means you are rather screwed in an event like this.

Considering that, I was unable to Odin TWRP (auth failure). I will be trying to Odin the stock MDK, but I don't think it will work considering the recovery failed. I doubt that the stock MJ7 will work either, but we'll see. If I am unable to get back onto ASOP, then I will likely be using my 3rd party warranty/insurance on an unrelated issue and try again on another phone.

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Nvm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app