5,600,841 Members 41,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed app install consumes 2 GB

Tip us?

DarkIceGB
Old
(Last edited by DarkIceGB; 30th December 2013 at 04:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Failed app install consumes 2 GB

Hi,

I had over 2GB of space before this happened and I have the Motorola Moto G. I bought Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour (2 GB app) and after downloading, it failed three times (twice citing an unknown error and the third time it said there was not enough space), but has left 2GB of files on my phone even though Google Play reports that it's not installed. The second and third time it only downloaded 20MB instead of 2GB.

Now the app isn't installed and I'm stuck with only 300MB left, with no way to remove the downloaded files or install the app. It seems that Google Play failed to remove the files from the app that failed to install and I now cannot install the app or remove the files.

Also, the refund button has disappeared from the app page, even thought it's supposed to stay for 15 minutes after the app was installed and opened - this app was never even installed.

I've tried restarting the phone and clearing Google Play Store and Download manager data and cache. I've also looked in the data and cache folders in the root of the storage, but both were empty.

Does anyone know how to remove the left over files?

Thanks.

DarkIceGB
Old
(Last edited by DarkIceGB; 30th December 2013 at 09:38 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Someone helped me resolve the issue elsewhere.

I found "com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GLoftM4HM" which was 1.91 GB under sdcard/android/obb/.