XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 new and KNOX seceurity

Tip us?

3ryce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] 4.3 new and KNOX seceurity

I was reading on un rooting and flashing a stock rom for the s3 sense the 4.3 update. originally I was looking for why I am not able to flash roms. well i still am unsure really and thought, you know what. why not flash a older stock rom reroot and go from there. then i found this web site telling how to do that and as i was reading it i read that there was a different counter besides the flash counter and that there is no way to reset it. So whats up with this new KNOX seceurity. will this cause problems when trying to send it back to the company for any reason? It seems to be causing problems with being able to flash roms.

im using philz touch 6.0.x.x something like that. and also my rom manager which i paid for isnt downloading squat. just says it is but doesn't show progress just shows like the prep. and i keep getting the status 7 error when trying to flash. I read that maybe cause it wasnt the official cwm recovery but i have sprint and read somewhere that philz touch is the only one that will work with sprints 4.3 update and being rooted.

cause after i flashed stock to get this update and tried to root it wouldnt recgonize it till i used philz touch.

dam this sh!ts confusing haha.

and that was more or less alot of random things that just a question about one thing. sorry guys.

BadThoughtss
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ryce View Post
I was reading on un rooting and flashing a stock rom for the s3 sense the 4.3 update. originally I was looking for why I am not able to flash roms. well i still am unsure really and thought, you know what. why not flash a older stock rom reroot and go from there. then i found this web site telling how to do that and as i was reading it i read that there was a different counter besides the flash counter and that there is no way to reset it. So whats up with this new KNOX seceurity. will this cause problems when trying to send it back to the company for any reason? It seems to be causing problems with being able to flash roms.

im using philz touch 6.0.x.x something like that. and also my rom manager which i paid for isnt downloading squat. just says it is but doesn't show progress just shows like the prep. and i keep getting the status 7 error when trying to flash. I read that maybe cause it wasnt the official cwm recovery but i have sprint and read somewhere that philz touch is the only one that will work with sprints 4.3 update and being rooted.

cause after i flashed stock to get this update and tried to root it wouldnt recgonize it till i used philz touch.

dam this sh!ts confusing haha.

and that was more or less alot of random things that just a question about one thing. sorry guys.
It actually will cause a problem. The KNOX warranty viod count will go to one. To my Knowledge there is no way to reset that yet.Samsung KNOX addresses platform security with a comprehensive three-pronged strategy to secure the system: Customizable Secure Boot, ARM TrustZone -based Integrity Measurement Architecture (TIMA), and a kernel with built-in Security Enhancements for Android (SE for Android) access controls. Basically trying to stop people from FLashing there own Firmware into the phone,
WHATEVER YOU WANT DO NOT TRY TO FLASH A DOWNGRADE> IT WILL HARD BRICK>

kp20kp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yea you'll have to wait because of the ****ty KNOX samsung did. You got it if you did the ota update to 4.3 samsung released. I was so close to doing the ota until I read about it first. Wait until someone comes out with a fix

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

3ryce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ya I wish I read about the update first or I wouldn't have done it. Oh well. Im sure eventually someone will crack it. Oh and ya thanks for that heads up on a downgrade cause I thought about doing that. Ha.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app