XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help - Tried 4.3 update on Sony Bridge for Mac - Now Bricked

Tip us?

cwepruk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Help - Tried 4.3 update on Sony Bridge for Mac - Now Bricked

So I downloaded bridge for Mac (same as PC Companion), plugged it in and it told me there was a new update to 4.3 (16GB Wifi). Great, I proceeded and followed all directions.

It went right to the end, then I got an update failed message. The Tablet will not turn on now. It simply says "System Update Failed, Make sure your phone is connected to the computer and try again". But no matter what, Bridge doesn't recognize the device because it can't/won't turn on.

I tried to repair it using the same program and that failed. It's stuck being completely off and flashing the message every 1-2 minutes or so. Anyway to get this thing even turned on?

Thanks for the help.

guitarplayerone
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwepruk View Post
So I downloaded bridge for Mac (same as PC Companion), plugged it in and it told me there was a new update to 4.3 (16GB Wifi). Great, I proceeded and followed all directions.

It went right to the end, then I got an update failed message. The Tablet will not turn on now. It simply says "System Update Failed, Make sure your phone is connected to the computer and try again". But no matter what, Bridge doesn't recognize the device because it can't/won't turn on.

I tried to repair it using the same program and that failed. It's stuck being completely off and flashing the message every 1-2 minutes or so. Anyway to get this thing even turned on?

Thanks for the help.
first thing to do would be to check if it shows up via ADB.
google how to install it, check you have the drivers installed, then run adb devices to see if it's connected.
this of course would be how you would do it on win but I'd be surprised if you couldn't run adb on a mac