XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Picture msgs getting corrupted? Stock 4.3

Tip us?

truefate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Picture msgs getting corrupted? Stock 4.3

Has anyone else been having problems with their picture msgs? At least once a day I get a problem with my mms msg when some one sends me a pic it shows up with the grey box and I can't open it. If I save it to storage (phone or sd card) I an see the preview thumb nail but when I open I get the cracked grey box showing is corrupted. It is also happening on my rooted s3 running a custom 4.2 (I believe) it usually happens from 2 ppl. One being on verizon with an s3 stock and the other being on verizon as well but running a stock lg of some sort (new with in the last 2 months. They are the two ppl who send me pics the most so I don't think its a verizon issue just a coincidence. Infact I think I had a problem getting a pic from an ibone4s on att once too. Any ideas or similar issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 53
This could be an issue with your carrier, or your actual device. I have heard in the past that turning off the "Power Saver" mode in the settings can fix this issue.
Devices:
~~~~

Find my post helpful? Remember to click that button!

truefate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I don't think its the device since its spanning 2 phones that I swap. I have an old lg that I can use see is anything happens with that. I'm skeptical of it being a carrier issue at least on my end because no one in my area with at&t seems to be affected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app