5,600,984 Members 45,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 2 questions i cant seem to find the answer to (EDIT- I have another one)

Tip us?
 
hipsh0t
Old
(Last edited by hipsh0t; 30th December 2013 at 02:05 PM.) Reason: Had another issue
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre
Default [Q] 2 questions i cant seem to find the answer to (EDIT- I have another one)

Im building cyanogenmod 11 for the htc dna, this is my first attemt into building my own rom however I seemed unable to get a bootable zip until now.

I captured a screen.log to scan for any errors later (NO clue what im looking for in here)
So I searched the log for "waiting for unfinished jobs" because this is always what seems to happen to me and this time i was ready to find the errors. Well lucky for me every job finished so what I am wondering is does this mean that my build compiled correctly even though i have warnings like crazy in the 140000+ lines of the screen.log

as for the second question. Is there any easier eay to scan a screen.log for where the build errors are or do i just have to run through all the line blind because im not exactly sure what to look for yet (one day i plane to have more of an understanding this is just early in my rom building career.)


EDIT~!~!~!~!~!~!~
Okay new problem. When i originally synced my repo to cm11 i was on python 2.7.4 and thats how i tried the first build on this ubuntu and it failed. I updated to python 2.7.6 because every time i grabbed 2.7.5 i kept getting unsuspected End Of File errors. So I installed 2.7.6 with (sudo make install) instead of (sudo make altinstall) like some guides read (This is because when i used altinstall brunch always gets to waiting for unfinished jobs.)

What i was getting at was now that im on python 2.7.6 when i try to initialize another repo to another folder I receive this error.
Quote:
fatal: Cannot get https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo/clone.bundle
fatal: error unknown url type: https
However I can repo sync my cm11 repo still just can not initialize a new repo to another directory

Any help is appreciated
 
crpalmer
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1477
Posts: 1,151
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipsh0t View Post
Im building cyanogenmod 11 for the htc dna, this is my first attemt into building my own rom however I seemed unable to get a bootable zip until now.

I captured a screen.log to scan for any errors later (NO clue what im looking for in here)
So I searched the log for "waiting for unfinished jobs" because this is always what seems to happen to me and this time i was ready to find the errors. Well lucky for me every job finished so what I am wondering is does this mean that my build compiled correctly even though i have warnings like crazy in the 140000+ lines of the screen.log

as for the second question. Is there any easier eay to scan a screen.log for where the build errors are or do i just have to run through all the line blind because im not exactly sure what to look for yet (one day i plane to have more of an understanding this is just early in my rom building career.)
There are a ton of warnings, one error (failing to build modules, which you can ignore). The last thing printed is the path to the zip. If it printed that, the build completed successfully.

To find the errors, try searching from the end for Error (capital E).
 
hipsh0t
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre
@crpalmer

Yea I just found the zip its booting as we speak.
Thanks

So excited this is finally working I been messing with Ubuntu for like 2 weeks
 
tes4p00ner
Old
#4  
tes4p00ner's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 47
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Weber City, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipsh0t View Post
Okay new problem. When i originally synced my repo to cm11 i was on python 2.7.4 and thats how i tried the first build on this ubuntu and it failed. I updated to python 2.7.6 because every time i grabbed 2.7.5 i kept getting unsuspected End Of File errors. So I installed 2.7.6 with (sudo make install) instead of (sudo make altinstall) like some guides read (This is because when i used altinstall brunch always gets to waiting for unfinished jobs.)

What i was getting at was now that im on python 2.7.6 when i try to initialize another repo to another folder I receive this error.

However I can repo sync my cm11 repo still just can not initialize a new repo to another directory
I'm not expert so crpalmer or someone may be able to tell you more directly. But here is a few things:

Did you install SSL for python?

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0=1.0.1-4ubuntu5.3
$ sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
Try reinstalling Python. I installed it the simple way and its working fine for my builds.
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install python
What repo were you trying to initialize?
 
hipsh0t
Old
(Last edited by hipsh0t; 31st December 2013 at 02:36 AM.)
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre
Quote:
Originally Posted by tes4p00ner View Post
I'm not expert so crpalmer or someone may be able to tell you more directly. But here is a few things:

Did you install SSL for python?

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0=1.0.1-4ubuntu5.3
$ sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
Try reinstalling Python. I installed it the simple way and its working fine for my builds.
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install python
What repo were you trying to initialize?
It was every repo and I tried the normal way I must have started from a fresh Ubuntu install once every few days figuring out where I went wrong. I'm going to check on the ssl for Python. So far this is the furthest I've made it. One built cm11 rom and I'm only learning more every day I research

EDIT------------
Quote:
jk@JK:~$ sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0=1.0.1-4ubuntu5.3
[sudo] password for jk:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '1.0.1-4ubuntu5.3' for 'libssl1.0.0' was not found
Im trying to make sure my precise repos are in place for apt-get however im still getting this message.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes