5,599,842 Members 47,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Stock HTC 1 Mini rom or not
Stock is best 3 100.00%
cyanogen is best 1 33.33%
AOSP is best 0 0%
none I found another one 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Rooted stock One MIni - Free hotspot?

Tip us?

skoobbarnes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted stock One MIni - Free hotspot?

Ok, I hate to post this, but I can't seem to find any posts on this. I have My HTC 1 mini rooted with cwm recovery flashed. I want to use my phone as a hotspot (without paying At&t) without flashing a custom rom. I like the stock rom and don't have any reason to flash cyanogen or anything else available. So,.... Can anyone help or direct me in the right place to get rid of the At&t big brother crap so I can use my phone as a hotspot for free?

fuzzmania
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm not even using the phone on AT&T, I'm thinking of updating to the international 4.3 release, however my wife doesn't want to lose all her settings and have to restore everything just to be able to use this feature.....
You can always use a 3rd party app such as tether (doesn't do wifi i dont think..) however i beleive the wifi ones are pay apps

skoobbarnes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default teahering sux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzmania View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm not even using the phone on AT&T, I'm thinking of updating to the international 4.3 release, however my wife doesn't want to lose all her settings and have to restore everything just to be able to use this feature.....
You can always use a 3rd party app such as tether (doesn't do wifi i dont think..) however i beleive the wifi ones are pay apps
Tethering sux. Especially when using my tablet or when trying to have someone else connect. I used it all the time with my pos LG nitro HD. The phone is capable of doing it just not without at@t punk butts trying to charge for it. There has to be a software/app that be removed or something simple. I just don't want to remove something wrong and have to flash my back up. Pain the the u know. Pdanet was the best Coe tethering in my experience btw. I hate wires.

skoobbarnes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S-off

So I'm gathering that S-off has to be done in order to get free wifi with stock rom. in this tutorial http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutori...ff-on-htc-one/ I was able to get S-off. In the tutorial it states you have to disable fastboot. I tired it twice and it failed. I then enabled fastboot through the power menu at the bottom, and it worked like a charm. I had to enable fastboot to root my One mini as well. Both tutorials expressed that fastboot had to be disabled. Not in my case. So,... (at your own risk) if you have have problem with rooting and getting S-off, enable fastboot. Not I need to find out what all factory installed apps I can remove without bricking my phone. If anyone knows all or at least some of the apps/bloatware, please list.

PuffDaddy_d
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobbarnes View Post
Ok, I hate to post this, but I can't seem to find any posts on this. I have My HTC 1 mini rooted with cwm recovery flashed. I want to use my phone as a hotspot (without paying At&t) without flashing a custom rom. I like the stock rom and don't have any reason to flash cyanogen or anything else available. So,.... Can anyone help or direct me in the right place to get rid of the At&t big brother crap so I can use my phone as a hotspot for free?
That's a great question. I believe that if you root the device (and possibly S-off) then you can use any hotspot app for free. I'm using this on the T-mobile network and cannot find a work-around without Root. I plan to root one day, but have just been too busy to sit down and go through all the steps.

skoobbarnes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nope. Not with the AT&T version

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d View Post
That's a great question. I believe that if you root the device (and possibly S-off) then you can use any hotspot app for free. I'm using this on the T-mobile network and cannot find a work-around without Root. I plan to root one day, but have just been too busy to sit down and go through all the steps.
I rooted, I got S-off and still no free wifi hotspot. Furthermore, Whenever It root uninstalled all those AT&T app, when I rebooted they would be back. I tried every root uninstaller on the play sotre with a four start rating or better. I wanted JB 4.3 and sense 5.5 so I got that S. I copied that resolution below. Now I have free wifi. Thanx though.

I used the script SuperWipe_M4_xpirt.zip to completely clean my Phone because after I copied to my pc then deleted all my titanium back up media and DCIM my sdcard only had 1.4gb in on it. On the device all those files still showed under my legacy and /0 folder and I found a third under storage in the device. This is something funky. So after the SuperWipre Script from thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2423576 I then flashed 4.3 sense 5.5 from thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575766 and now I have 11 gb on my phone. I will pay more attention to my storage when installing and changing things so I can see what, where, and/or how that happened. I have never encountered something like this before, nevertheless, i have never settle for a phone without external storage either. I wont ever do that again. But for a free phone plus a $56 credit to my account, I can't complain too much. Just a little. The One Mini is way better than the crappy lame POS LG Nitro HD .