5,603,646 Members 36,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slimline Kickstand Case for the 2014

Tip us?

GrandMasterPlank
Old
(Last edited by GrandMasterPlank; 29th December 2013 at 09:35 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Slimline Kickstand Case for the 2014

Best tablet case I've ever used (and I've had loads) is the STM Grip for the Ipad. It's super slimline, gives plenty of protection (I've inadvertently drop tested without damage), the hard rubberised shell is nice and grippy in the hand, the case edges don't obscure any of the screen and it comes with a dual position rear kickstand. It's the best of all worlds but I've never been able to find something similar for my old Note 10.1 (other than in leather) or for my new 2014 edition. I've contacted STM many times pushing for production of the this case for the 2014 10.1 but they've now said they'll only be producing their 'Studio' model for the 10.1, which is similar to the Samsung Book Cover. I'm hugely disappointed about this as it's got everything I'm looking for. They've even recently updated the Grip 2 but they're still not going to produce it for the most popular (and best!) Android tablet out there. WTF is it with this Apple-only snobbery? Aren't we in it all together!?

I just don't like the cases with ribs out front to rest the base of the tablet against to set at different angles as they just don't work that well, they tend to fall flat at lower viewing angles when typing. With the kickstand at the rear this problem goes away. So I was hoping someone might have found something similar to the STM Grip for the 2014 Edition so I can avoid having to try and make another hybrid case again.

dorpmuller
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I don't know what the problem is with the 2014 version... none of the major manufacturers have released any kind of hybrid case or anything acceptable to me (like an Otterbox, Trident or Seidio. All vaporware or non-existent. I'm pissed that no one is coming forth with any-both of my 2014's are languishing for lack of a good case for fat fingers.

Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to dorpmuller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]