[Q] Can't get Carmageddon to work

Tip us?

spcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Can't get Carmageddon to work

Hello!

The stock Desire C with 600MHZ is too slow to run Carmageddon without stutters. I was interested in trying different kernels/roms at a higher frequency to see performance of this game.

But Carmeggedon doesn't work in various roms.

I have tried CM4.1.2 build 3 [Stable] by cuteprince and the revolution mod v3.3 by Russel.

The CM-based rom starts carmageddon, but I get a black screen after the intro video. I have found a forum post about this, and there it was told it can't work.

In Revolution I get the error: "Download failed because the resources could not be found"

What can I do to fix this error? Or what ROM should I try?

thanks!

warrior1208
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd View Post
Hello!

The stock Desire C with 600MHZ is too slow to run Carmageddon without stutters. I was interested in trying different kernels/roms at a higher frequency to see performance of this game.

But Carmeggedon doesn't work in various roms.

I have tried CM4.1.2 build 3 [Stable] by cuteprince and the revolution mod v3.3 by Russel.

The CM-based rom starts carmageddon, but I get a black screen after the intro video. I have found a forum post about this, and there it was told it can't work.

In Revolution I get the error: "Download failed because the resources could not be found"

What can I do to fix this error? Or what ROM should I try?

thanks!
Yo may try this. Being project speed, it is good for running games as you may even see in the rom thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2564933&page=2

Here you go...enjoy and make sure you hit the thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to warrior1208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spcd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1208 View Post
Yo may try this. Being project speed, it is good for running games as you may even see in the rom thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2564933&page=2

Here you go...enjoy and make sure you hit the thanks button!
When I use your rom and I go to google play to download Carma Free. (the 1 level demo of Carmageddon)

I get the message: your device is not compatible.

I can't even download Carmageddon from the store with your rom.

warrior1208
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd View Post
When I use your rom and I go to google play to download Carma Free. (the 1 level demo of Carmageddon)

I get the message: your device is not compatible.

I can't even download Carmageddon from the store with your rom.
You should now try various ROMs by reading their description, i.e which one suits you...
Also, you may overclock the roms you use by flashing a kernel like N.O.P.E or Prometheus...

Just check whether which ROM enables you to play carmageddon and enjoy and make sure you press thanks!