[APP]Support for flipcovers. - IntelliCover 2.0

Search This thread

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Hey guys.
Just found this free app on the market. :) It's mostly for the ppl who are using custom roms that lost the ability to use Auto-on/off when you use a flip cover. This app is able to turn off/on the screen with light and/or proximity sensor. :) So whenever you close the lid, the light is gone, tablet notices and locks. Hope this works for you. :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dragonnis.intellicover2&hl=en

- It's not my app, just a heads-up.

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
Hey guys.
Just found this free app on the market. :) It's mostly for the ppl who are using custom roms that lost the ability to use Auto-on/off when you use a flip cover. This app is able to turn off/on the screen with light and/or proximity sensor. :) So whenever you close the lid, the light is gone, tablet notices and locks. Hope this works for you. :)

The app works though it leaves an annoying notification item in the tray. Is there a way to get the magnetic function function back? Would that be something cyanogenmod does or we would have to hax back?

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Go to "System settings > Apps > Downloaded > IntelliCover 2.0 and then untick "Show notifications", no more notification icon. :) Hidden thru Android. :)

- Well, my Nexus 7 2012 had cover on/off built into the CM and AOKP's.. So I reckon once the devs find a way to do it, it will be implemented. As I have said before, I think that more ppl getting the GPE will help a lot on AOSP builds.. More devs, more source code from LG and so on.. I hope more people will pick up one or the other edition of the tablet over the Holidays. :) Basically, if the devs could do "teh hax", they would have by now I guess. ^^ I'm sure it will come at some point. I'm not very good at that stuff, so I wouldn't even know where to start, sadly. But it will be doable, I'm sure.

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
Okay lol, I can't use this in dark rooms and gets over sensitive in other cases but for now it will work fine. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kholargol

Feb 15, 2008
Paris
Works fine for me too except in very dark room. In this case, I just have to knock on the screen to wake up and it stay awake but it misss a light calibration.
Moreover, In the app, you can switch off Wifi at the same time the screen is off (and Wifi switch on when screen is on, off course) . It's very useful and battery saver I guess..

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

There is a calibration process for light senser but I I don't it. It says "put your device in your bag/pocket/cover and press the calibrate button above"

Hey dude, if my device is in my pocket or in its cover, I CAN'T press any button.

I tried to press the calibration button before close the cover but now it doesn't work anymore !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys.